CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Waterjet on a cnc knee mill

Posted by Dan Mauch
on 2005-09-30 08:26:17 UTC
Waterjet using a knee mill
I get various technical publications and in Modern Application News I read
an interesting article about a company that developed a waterjet that uses
common cnc knee mills to control the XYZ axis. What really makes this
interesting is they use round steel ball tor dissipate the waterjet stream
as it exist the part. The other interesting aspect was that they use shop
air to power the water jet intensifier. The nozzle is simply inserted into
the spindle.
http://www.manufacturingcenter.com/man/articles/1005/1005package_converts.asp

Read the other interesting features at the above url.
Last I was surpised that it only uses 20,000 PSI than the normal 40-50,000
PSI
Dan Mauch
low cost stepper and servo motors.
cases for Gecko drives
kits and assembled 3-4 axis drives
www.camtronics-cnc.com
www.seanet.com/~dmauch
----- Original Message -----
From: "Victor A. Estes" <emc3zach@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 1:48 PM
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Hp 7475 Plotter Servo's

> Alan,
>
> Yea the pin I used was dried up as well. I pulled the tip out with a
> pair of pliers, then I used a small rod to push up through the hole to pop
> the end cap off. I then pulled out the felt core and through away. That
> left me with a very nice plastic housing that I could use as the holder.
> turned a piece of aluminum to fit inside the plastic housing and turned
> the
> aluminum housing to fit the bearing that I had ordered from McMaster Carr.
> I then bored out a small recess for the magnet, superglued the mag in
> place,
> and pressed in the bearing. On the other end I had drilled all the way
> through, so I could knock the mag and bearing out if I needed to. I also
> tapped the hole for a 4-40 thread so that I could secure the aluminum
> holder
> into the plastic housing. On the plastic housing, I cut off the tapered
> end, and made that the top. The end where the plastic cap was fitted now
> became the bottom, and the aluminum holder slides in from this end. The
> 4-40 screw screws in from the other end and keeps everything sandwiched
> together. The I inserted the blade into the bearing hole and viola. It
> works. The holder still fits in the pin holder on the carriage, just
> upside
> down from the original. The knife blade pivots on the magnet and bearing
> with no friction at all. Pics to follow next week.
>
> Victor

Discussion Thread

Dan Mauch 2005-09-30 08:26:17 UTC Waterjet on a cnc knee mill turbulatordude 2005-09-30 09:30:30 UTC Re: Waterjet on a cnc knee mill turbulatordude 2005-09-30 09:37:15 UTC Re: Waterjet on a cnc knee mill alex 2005-09-30 09:49:03 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Waterjet on a cnc knee mill JanRwl@A... 2005-09-30 14:34:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Waterjet on a cnc knee mill Simon Arthur 2005-09-30 15:13:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Waterjet on a cnc knee mill Cardinal Engineering 2005-10-01 06:39:08 UTC Re: Waterjet on a cnc knee mill Tom Harrison 2005-10-01 08:46:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Waterjet on a cnc knee mill rolandfriestad 2005-10-01 09:17:48 UTC Re: Waterjet on a cnc knee mill turbulatordude 2005-10-01 09:47:12 UTC Re: Waterjet on a cnc knee mill - homebrew turbulatordude 2005-10-01 09:54:59 UTC Re: Waterjet - HomeBrew bobmcknight@c... 2005-10-01 11:09:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re:Plasma - HomeBrew turbulatordude 2005-10-01 11:46:25 UTC Re:Plasma - HomeBrew rolandfriestad 2005-10-01 16:34:14 UTC Re: Waterjet - HomeBrew Jon Elson 2005-10-01 21:00:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Waterjet - HomeBrew stuart dean 2005-10-01 23:29:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Waterjet - HomeBrew turbulatordude 2005-10-05 12:00:06 UTC Re: Waterjet on a cnc knee mill - water pump ? Andrey Lipavsky 2005-10-05 12:23:58 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Waterjet on a cnc knee mill - water pump ? Steve Haushahn 2005-10-05 15:30:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Waterjet on a cnc knee mill - water pump ? turbulatordude 2005-10-05 16:08:06 UTC Re: Waterjet on a cnc knee mill - water pump ? Steve Haushahn 2005-10-05 17:28:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Waterjet on a cnc knee mill - water pump ? alex 2005-10-06 07:20:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Waterjet on a cnc knee mill - water pump ? Abby Katt 2005-10-07 13:50:39 UTC Advice, BEFORE I BLOW UP my Sherline? Abby Katt 2005-10-07 15:54:03 UTC Caps over Sherline spindle.. doesn't work... juan gelt 2005-10-07 16:17:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Advice, BEFORE I BLOW UP my Sherline? juan gelt 2005-10-07 16:19:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Caps over Sherline spindle.. doesn't work... Steve Stallings 2005-10-07 18:20:35 UTC Re: Caps over Sherline spindle.. doesn't work... Chris Loiacono 2005-10-09 10:41:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Advice, BEFORE I BLOW UP my Sherline? Abby Katt 2005-10-14 02:50:58 UTC Laser positioning? Gantry or lenses? Paul Kelly 2005-10-14 02:59:56 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Laser positioning? Gantry or lenses? David Speck 2005-10-14 05:40:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Laser positioning? Gantry or lenses? vrsculptor 2005-10-14 08:54:27 UTC Re: Laser positioning? Gantry or lenses? Les Newell 2005-10-14 09:21:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Laser positioning? Gantry or lenses? Jeff Goldberg 2005-10-14 10:51:00 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] OT (very :-) Re: Laser positioning? Gantry or lenses? Robb Greathouse 2005-10-15 17:46:36 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Laser positioning? Gantry or lenses? skykotech 2005-10-15 21:05:29 UTC Re: Laser positioning? Gantry or lenses? skykotech 2005-10-15 21:14:04 UTC Re: Laser positioning? Gantry or lenses? skykotech 2005-10-15 21:17:47 UTC Re: Laser positioning? Gantry or lenses? Ron Ginger 2005-10-16 05:21:47 UTC Re: Laser positioning? Gantry or lenses?