CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: XY point list for spiral to DXF?

on 2006-01-05 08:31:20 UTC
Tom,

No problem, email me at emc3zach@... and I will email back my phone
number. While I wait for your response. I'll try and generate the Spirals.

Victor A.
----- Original Message -----
From: "rutexusa" <rutexus@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 10:21 AM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: XY point list for spiral to DXF?

> Victor,
>
> My son has Turbo Pro ver 11.1. I used to know how to run it, but it
> has been too long. I sat down and clicked on spirals, and I couldn't
> figure how to make it do anything. It says it's for 3d spirals. The
> manual was no help to me. Could I chat with you over the phone about
> it? Maybe we can get it done in Turbo. For the most part we only
> use Turbo in 2d. I didn't have any objects to work with. I just
> need a simple spiral, starting with a 6" hole in the middle and
> ending up with a "diameter" of 20". It would be like taking a rope
> and coiling it up on a flat surface with each ring of the
> coil "parallel" to the ring inside it. If turbo can do it, I'd like
> to use it, as this design may need to change. It is for a prototype.
>
> If you could give me your phone #, I'll be happy to call you.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Tom Eldredge
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Victor A. Estes"
> <emc3zach@h...> wrote:
>>
>> Tom,
>>
>> What ver of TurboCad do you have? TurboCad Pro Ver 11.1 does
> spirals
>> and threaded bolts as a utility added to the program. If you want
> I could
>> generate the spiral for you, save it as a dxf file, then you could
> import it
>> into your version of TurboCad. The dxf file could also be imported
> into a
>> g-code generator to automatically get the code you want.
>>
>> You can also find AutoLISP (.lsp) files for AutoCad on the
> internet that
>> does Spirals and Helix's. I have those as well if interested.
>>
>> Victor A.

Discussion Thread

rutexusa 2006-01-05 06:36:56 UTC XY point list for spiral to DXF? Chuck Merja 2006-01-05 07:24:05 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] XY point list for spiral to DXF? Chuck Merja 2006-01-05 07:51:39 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] XY point list for spiral to DXF? Victor A. Estes 2006-01-05 08:05:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] XY point list for spiral to DXF? rutexusa 2006-01-05 08:22:55 UTC Re: XY point list for spiral to DXF? rutexusa 2006-01-05 08:29:11 UTC Re: XY point list for spiral to DXF? Victor A. Estes 2006-01-05 08:31:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: XY point list for spiral to DXF? Dhiren Shah 2006-01-05 09:26:07 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: XY point list for spiral to DXF? Alan Marconett 2006-01-05 09:27:38 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] XY point list for spiral to DXF? Alan Marconett 2006-01-05 09:50:49 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] XY point list for spiral to DXF? Jon Elson 2006-01-05 09:52:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] XY point list for spiral to DXF? rutexusa 2006-01-05 11:20:54 UTC Re: XY point list for spiral to DXF? rutexusa 2006-01-05 11:32:11 UTC Re: XY point list for spiral to DXF? Dhiren Shah 2006-01-05 12:45:26 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: XY point list for spiral to DXF? Roy J. Tellason 2006-01-05 14:08:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: XY point list for spiral to DXF? Jymmm 2006-01-05 14:09:04 UTC Re: XY point list for spiral to DXF? Fred Smith 2006-01-05 15:33:02 UTC Re: XY point list for spiral to DXF?