CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Problem keeping my gantry square, using a dual drive (SOLVED)

on 2006-02-13 05:43:52 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Megan Isabella"
<apalais@...> wrote:

> > Just an FYI since Peter "scatter shoots" his posts across multiple
> > lists: He rerouted some motor wires and the problem went away. I
> > suggested early on over on my support list (of which he is also a
> > member) that one possiblity was noise. He posted some pictures of
> > cuts (on yet another list) so it looks like he got through that part
> > of the ordeal. I wanted the list to know what the soltuion was since
> > it may help future builders.
> >

> Caudlet,
>
> Yes I am a "scatter shooter". I this so that I can get as much
information
> as quickly as possible. Because it was not really a question just
to do
> with plasma cuttting I posted it at a few sites. I will have to
make sure
> that I end posts and not just leave them hanging. These forums are
really
> great! There is heaps of information out there to take in.
>
> Peter
> Australia

Yes, many of us have watched the different threads.

My suggestion (on another list) was to swap Gecko's, (simple because
it should just be swapping the plugable headers.

then swap resistors.

this would reveal some clues.

I think making sure the control wires were shielded and not run in the
same conduit as the plasma would be another good idea.

My problem is that when I cross post, I find I sometimes forget. I
still owe some list a photo of my lathe and it's drilling attachment
on the compound.

I took a flex shaft and mounted it on a block so I could drill small
holes and use the lathe gears as a dividing head.

Dave

Dave

Discussion Thread

apples0_17 2006-02-11 02:55:41 UTC Problem keeping my gantry square, using a dual drive slaved set-up with Gecko’s. afn09556 2006-02-11 10:26:51 UTC Re: Problem keeping my gantry square, using a dual drive slaved set-up with Geck John Dammeyer 2006-02-11 10:35:43 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Problem keeping my gantry square, using a dual drive slaved set-up with Gecko's. Doug Fortune 2006-02-11 20:28:09 UTC Re: Problem keeping my gantry square jcc3inc 2006-02-12 07:16:15 UTC Re: Problem keeping my gantry square, using a dual drive slaved set-up with Gecko’s. caudlet 2006-02-12 09:54:13 UTC Re: Problem keeping my gantry square, using a dual drive (SOLVED) Peter Megan Isabella 2006-02-13 01:34:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Problem keeping my gantry square, using a dual drive (SOLVED) turbulatordude 2006-02-13 05:43:52 UTC Re: Problem keeping my gantry square, using a dual drive (SOLVED)