CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] UPDATE: Stepper and Servo power supplies: Microwave Oven Transformers for sale

Posted by Dave Halliday
on 2006-02-20 11:15:29 UTC
TV transformers are not good for this application. They do not have
enough power except for smaller systems (200 watts or so for the larger
color vacuum tube sets - I used to use these for building tube audio
power amps) and the killer is that every TV transformer I have seen had
the primary and secondary wound together on the same bobbin.

The beauty with the Microwave transformers is that the primary and
secondary are physically separate so it's trivial to remove just the
secondary and to wind one that fits your needs.

Dave

sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there,
for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.
bill
List Mom
List Owner

Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

Dave Halliday 2006-02-12 20:11:10 UTC Stepper and Servo power supplies: Microwave Oven Transformers for sale Ron Kline 2006-02-12 21:08:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stepper and Servo power supplies: Microwave Oven Transformers for sale Dave Halliday 2006-02-12 21:54:17 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stepper and Servo power supplies: Microwave Oven Transformers for sale Andy Wander 2006-02-13 07:49:26 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stepper and Servo power supplies: Microwave Oven Transformers for sale Alan Marconett 2006-02-13 08:14:07 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stepper and Servo power supplies: Microwave Oven Transformers for sale Andy Wander 2006-02-13 08:15:21 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stepper and Servo power supplies: Microwave Oven Transformers for sale Ron Kline 2006-02-13 09:43:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stepper and Servo power supplies: Microwave Oven Transformers for sale Andy Wander 2006-02-13 09:47:27 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stepper and Servo power supplies: Microwave Oven Transformers for sale Dave Halliday 2006-02-19 17:20:21 UTC UPDATE: Stepper and Servo power supplies: Microwave Oven Transformers for sale Irby Jones 2006-02-19 17:45:54 UTC Re: UPDATE: Stepper and Servo power supplies: Microwave Oven Transformers for sale Dave Halliday 2006-02-19 17:54:13 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: UPDATE: Stepper and Servo power supplies: Microwave Oven Transformers for sale goat! 2006-02-20 09:26:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] UPDATE: Stepper and Servo power supplies: Microwave Oven Transformers for sale Dave Halliday 2006-02-20 11:15:29 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] UPDATE: Stepper and Servo power supplies: Microwave Oven Transformers for sale goat! 2006-02-20 12:11:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] UPDATE: Stepper and Servo power supplies: Microwave Oven Transformers for sale Dave Halliday 2006-02-20 13:16:22 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] UPDATE: Stepper and Servo power supplies: Microwave Oven Transformers for sale