CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Need help to decide what rack and pinion to use in a 6'x10' table

Posted by Heidi Johnson
on 2006-04-26 09:22:43 UTC
Hector, ok.. here's the list. The first three are for Boston Gear suppliers.

#1- Motion Ind. -419 West Business HWY 83- Mcallen Tx. 956-682-1416
#2- Int'l Trading Services inc. 5250 Coffe Port Rd. Brownsville Tx [no phone number listed]
#3- Motion Ind. 488 Regal Row Suite 108, Brownsville Tx 956-546-5191

#4- Martin Sprocket & gear. 3100 Sprocket Drive. Arlington, Tx. 817-258-3000
Martin Sprocket Also has offices in Abiliene [Tx], as well as Clarksville, Houston, Mansfield, Forth Worth & Dallas, you can check them out at www.martinsprocket.com [look under locations on the top menu]
Martin is actually the supplier for the rack and pinion's I purchased.
Most likely if this doesn't work [ I'm not sure why one of these wouldn't] but look in the phone book under bearings and or motion or power transmition, industrial sales etc. There will be TON's of suppliers who sell this stuff as its VERY common. I generally recommend just finding someone close to you as pricing should all be pretty competative and the shipping of the stuff can cost almost as much as the components themselves [if you don't find someone local..]. If you find someone local, you'll be better supported and usually they are expert's in their field, pick their brain's as to what is best. I use [ some might say abuse] my suppliers like this all the time. I call them up, and tell them what I'm doing and ask what they think would work best. 50% of the time they have some little trinket that I'd either never heard of, or never thought of that work's better than what I was planning on 'probably' using.

Hope this helps..

Jarrett