CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Geckodrive

on 2006-04-29 10:23:13 UTC
There's other exciting stuff that falls out using this method (step
motor, encoder and G100):

Let's say you are doing point-to-point X,Y positioning; maybe you are
drilling holes in a printed circuit board. There are a lot of holes
to drill and time is money so you want to go as fast as you can.

If the axis are servoed to the lead/lag stall angles then the axis
determine their own rate of acceleration and maximum speed. Both will
be the maximum possible given the loads on the motors. Also, the axis
dynamically adapt themselves to changing loads. Change load inertia
and acceleration automatically adjusts, change fritional load and
maximum speed automatically adjusts.

The through-put will be far higher compared to set
acceleration/velocity systems. My unloaded test motor accelerates
from zero to 3,000 RPM in 180 degrees of shaft rotation.

Mariss

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, art <fenerty@...> wrote:

> Hi Chris:

> > as far as I know, every motor of every kind can be stalled with
> > enough load on it.
>
> A matter of definition. It is stallable, if the pliers are held
very
> tightly the motor "stalls.", however, it can be called unstallable,
because
> it really isnt stalled at all, the hardware at that point is
calling for no
> movement. (You cant stall a motor that isnt moving..). In actual
fact the
> motor is holding itself at the maximum magnetic moment it can
achieve
> without "clicking" into the next position at which it will lose
position.

> The Lead/Lag register in the G100 can measure up to 7 counts off
target.
> So imagine your moving at speed, the lead/lag is zero indicating
the motor
> is not going too fast, nor too slow, the necode agrees 100% with
position.
> SO a person puts their hand out and pushes against the axis's
movement. The
> Lag register at that point counts up to one, indicating that the
encoder is
> now one pulse behind. So the axis output stage , slows slightly to
see if
> the motor then catches up. This catchup is likely because the
torque of the
> motor has just increased a bit due to going slower. This is
additive in
> nature, the more you push, the more the output slows down and the
higher the
> motors torque. The trick here is speed. If the G100 can quickly
enough
> monitor (on a step by step basis) the lead/lag, then it can reduce
the
> ourtput speed quickly anough to produce an output speed correction
that is
> smooth enough to allow the motors torque curve to compensate in a
curve that
> assures fast enough correction time. This produces, for all intents
and
> purposes, an unstallable motor.
>
> It is planned, very shortly, for MachIV to start experimentally
using
> the lead-lag to have "Stall prevention" , since it cannot deal fast
enough
> as a program to produce the unstallable motor, a hardware feature,
I was
> thinking even under normal software control, you can have Lag
determined
> speed vectors. SO as the program sees up to 4 times a secnd the lag
> registers, it should be possible during cutting to adjust the
feedrate to
> ensure the lag stays as close to zero as possible, in the odd event
a person
> has programmed a feedrate too high, or is hitting denser material
in wood
> and such. This "slow adjustment" has a possibility fo allowing for
a small
> correction in feed values in what I would call "Stall prevention"
on the
> application side. Not near as good a solution as Mariss's , but it
may allow
> one addition level of tool bit load smoothing. It'll be an
interesting
> experiment anyway. Im adding in the Lag registers use soon, cuz I
did want
> to play a little bit in that regard.. The functions of the MachIV
trajectory
> planner allow me some flexability n that area to apply corrections
in
> feedraet at intervals of 64ms or so feedrate variations.. A lower
term
> solution than an unstallable stepper, but one that also bears
examination, a
> corralary to a spindle load sensor of sorts..In fact , my plan was
to simply
> use it on the spindle output frequency, and see how it may work on
axis
> movement after that. In other words I intend to use "Lead/Lag" to
regulate
> the load on the spindle
> output.. Im just waiting for the Spindle partition to be ready..
>

> Thanks,
> Art
> www.artofcnc.ca
>
> Videos And Support Forums http://www.machsupport.com
> Users Map: http://www.frappr.com/machsupport

This

wanliker@...,
> > timg@...
> > Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
> > [Moderators]
> > URL to this group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> > aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
reach it
> > if you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

to be a
> > sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there, for
> > OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
> >
> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING THEM.
> > DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> > bill
> > List Mom
> > List Owner
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

Mariss Freimanis 2006-04-28 22:54:20 UTC Geckodrive juan gelt 2006-04-29 04:19:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Geckodrive lcdpublishing 2006-04-29 04:42:48 UTC Re: Geckodrive art 2006-04-29 08:15:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Geckodrive Dan Mauch 2006-04-29 08:31:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Geckodrive Mariss Freimanis 2006-04-29 10:23:13 UTC Re: Geckodrive Alan Marconett 2006-04-29 10:30:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Geckodrive art 2006-04-29 10:38:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Geckodrive Jack Hudler 2006-04-29 11:20:56 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Geckodrive Mariss Freimanis 2006-04-29 12:44:24 UTC Re: Geckodrive cncnovice 2006-04-29 13:02:00 UTC Re: Geckodrive lcdpublishing 2006-04-29 13:23:32 UTC Re: Geckodrive Jon Elson 2006-04-29 13:30:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Geckodrive Mariss Freimanis 2006-04-29 14:12:05 UTC Re: Geckodrive Larry Olson 2006-04-29 14:14:40 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Geckodrive Graham Stabler 2006-04-29 14:21:59 UTC Re: Geckodrive Mariss Freimanis 2006-04-29 15:06:15 UTC Re: Geckodrive Jack Hudler 2006-04-29 16:09:33 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Geckodrive Jack Hudler 2006-04-29 16:21:16 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Geckodrive Polaraligned 2006-04-29 17:05:59 UTC Re: Geckodrive Mariss Freimanis 2006-04-29 17:37:37 UTC Re: Geckodrive Mariss Freimanis 2006-04-29 18:20:07 UTC Re: Geckodrive Jack Hudler 2006-04-29 23:47:44 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Geckodrive lcdpublishing 2006-04-30 04:30:48 UTC Re: Geckodrive vrsculptor 2006-04-30 04:34:45 UTC Re: Geckodrive Mariss Freimanis 2006-04-30 08:08:14 UTC Re: Geckodrive Mariss Freimanis 2006-04-30 08:14:46 UTC Re: Geckodrive vrsculptor 2006-04-30 12:38:39 UTC Stall prevention/MachIV/Automated Setup ballendo 2006-04-30 14:50:49 UTC Re: Geckodrive Mariss Freimanis 2006-04-30 18:22:58 UTC Re: Stall prevention/MachIV/Automated Setup Polaraligned 2006-05-01 03:28:30 UTC Re: Geckodrive lcdpublishing 2006-05-01 05:57:20 UTC Re: Geckodrive Mariss Freimanis 2006-05-01 08:56:04 UTC Re: Geckodrive lcdpublishing 2006-05-01 09:44:43 UTC Re: Geckodrive Jon Elson 2006-05-01 09:50:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Geckodrive Mariss Freimanis 2006-05-01 12:40:11 UTC Re: Geckodrive lcdpublishing 2006-05-01 13:58:42 UTC Re: Geckodrive