CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: possibly interesting

on 2006-07-05 17:50:25 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, John Dammeyer <johnd@...> wrote:

> Hi Graham,
>
> I saw the advertisement for it in the latest Circuit Cellar
magazine. What
> I found disappointing though was the amount of memory available for each
> processor. Human Interface devices dealing with LCD displays etc.
tend to
> require lots of memory for either images or text. Using a processor
with
> 256K flash and 12K RAM like a 9S12 series would be more than fast
enough and
> also have the large scale memory for dats structures, text messages
and even
> graphic applications. Don't really know if a 8 processor module
gains one
> anything.
>
> John Dammeyer

They seem to have a charector set built into ROM. I like the fact you
can produce video out and put that straight into a little TFT screen,
for some of the stuff I want to do such as tool path progress, that
would be nice and would not tie my hardware to a specific display.

For me 8 processors might allow me to split tasks, one can record
pulses to the MMC card, the other can keep track of current position,
the next deal with the display. I need to read more I spend any money
though.

Graham

Discussion Thread

Graham Stabler 2006-07-05 16:57:01 UTC possibly interesting John Dammeyer 2006-07-05 17:10:11 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] possibly interesting Phil Mattison 2006-07-05 17:36:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] possibly interesting Graham Stabler 2006-07-05 17:50:25 UTC Re: possibly interesting John Dammeyer 2006-07-05 19:21:29 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: possibly interesting Graham Stabler 2006-07-06 02:04:29 UTC Re: possibly interesting Graham Stabler 2006-07-25 02:01:08 UTC Re: possibly interesting