CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: possibly interesting

on 2006-07-06 02:04:29 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, John Dammeyer <johnd@...> wrote:

> > > For about that same price TI makes a nice DSP F2812 with 16
>PWM, a couple of quadrature encoder counters, A/D, more counter
>timers, 32 bit instruction set with the DSP capabilities and I think
>runs 150Mhz with the PLL on.

All this processing power is not really needed for my EDM app or if
using the G-100, what I liked was ready to use modules for user
interface, if I use a PIC or a DSP I'm on my own when it comes to
producing a video stream out, even at 150Mhz I'm assuming it would be
tricky to write a program that could do that and other tasks at the
same time. It looks like that for minimal outlay I could develope an
app that could handle a VGA tft display a mouse and a key board and
still have processors left over for comms to a PC and pulse generation
for the EDM.

> Also, ultimately if this were to be a hobby project the cost of the
> development and programming tools are a major consideration.

demoboard $129
software $free

I'm certainly not trying to suggest it is the be all and end all but
you could for example use one of these chips in tandum with a higher
performance DSP, use this to give the other commands and let this one
deal with display issues.

Graham

Discussion Thread

Graham Stabler 2006-07-05 16:57:01 UTC possibly interesting John Dammeyer 2006-07-05 17:10:11 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] possibly interesting Phil Mattison 2006-07-05 17:36:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] possibly interesting Graham Stabler 2006-07-05 17:50:25 UTC Re: possibly interesting John Dammeyer 2006-07-05 19:21:29 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: possibly interesting Graham Stabler 2006-07-06 02:04:29 UTC Re: possibly interesting Graham Stabler 2006-07-25 02:01:08 UTC Re: possibly interesting