CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Dan"s Plans

Posted by Bill Davis
on 2006-08-15 22:40:57 UTC
Thanks again Dave, I thought about using a small bracket to hold a small
vacuum hose at say 45 degree angle and a small blower chocked down into a
small hose across from the vacuum so as to blow the cuttings toward .the
vacuum hose. Maybe this may work ok, I'll play around with it and see how it
goes. I'm hoping to ran across x axis somewhere, maybe Ebay. I'm thinking I
need to be set on what router to use before shopping for the z slide.
I fretted for a while before I broke down and posted to the group about
this. I should have posted a lot sooner. A few responses from you and others
has provided answers to questions that I had and more.
thanks
bill
----- Original Message -----
From: "turbulatordude" <dave_mucha@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 7:57 PM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Dan"s Plans

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Davis" <wdavis@...> wrote:
>>
>> Dave, thanks for the great advice, I can use it, I have no clue as
> look for
>> in a router.
>> bill
>
> Most trim routers are about 2-1/2" in body diameter.
>
> some have plastic bodies. horrible for most mounting methods.
>
> the one you referenced has a nice mounting plate that you can bolt to
> your unit.
>
> if you are just feeling your way, then use a Dremel or some such and
> wax or foam as the stuff you want to cut. get used to the motions a
> little.
>
> experiance will tell you if your machine is not strong enough and
> flexes, or if you motor is too weak and slows down.
>
> If you have compressed air and a vacuum, considder using both. a
> needle valve on the compressed air will offer volume control. a slight
> breeze should work wonders. nothing strong enought to blow them off
> the other side of the table.
>
> When you cut, there are blind pockets, where the chips are stuck in
> the same pocket as the cutter.
>
> when cutting thin stuff, the chips fall out the bottom if you have the
> part up in the air a little.
>
> when cutting the outside of a part to trim to size, or the inside of a
> large hole, the chips can fall away from the cutter. This is much
> less work for the motor and cutter.
>
> as for a holder, Harbor Freight sells a Vee block that is made out of
> aluminum. it is about 4 or 6 inches long. you can mount that easily
> and then use hose clamp on your unit. ITEM 92046-0VGA Easy enough
> to make at home.
>
> Dave

> timg@...
> Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
> [Moderators]
>
> OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
> if you have trouble.

> sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there, for
> OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> bill
> List Mom
> List Owner
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

wdavis364 2006-08-15 11:14:47 UTC Dan"s Plans Aftiel 2006-08-15 12:37:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Dan"s Plans Bill Davis 2006-08-15 13:54:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Dan"s Plans turbulatordude 2006-08-15 14:27:27 UTC Re: Dan"s Plans Bill Davis 2006-08-15 16:01:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Dan"s Plans turbulatordude 2006-08-15 18:04:13 UTC Re: Dan"s Plans Bill Davis 2006-08-15 22:40:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Dan"s Plans