CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: CNC Woe's

Posted by afogassa
on 2006-09-28 12:54:41 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Siebert" <hs3980@...> wrote:

> I have a microkinetics CNC lathe and am having a calibration
problems.
> Every time I do an inside Dia cut operation my (X) looses its
position.
> Now the setup is tight and not moving and the motors shafts
appears to
> be nice and tight where conected to the motor. The (X) moves nice
and
> smooth but my ID keeps going up for example 15.00mm to 15.02mm
every
> operation it performs. That adds up quickly. Can anyone aim me in
the
> right direction. The last time I talked to the manufacture they
focused
> on my G code for the loss in calibration. Since I am using mostly
G01
> commands I hardly think this is the problem but I could be wrong.
If
> anyone could help I would appreciate your comments or PM.
>

> Harry Siebert

Harry, it might be that your drive is not set up right, you'll need
to know if the drives takes pulses on the rising or falling edge of
the step signal and check the software to work as the drives does.
If the incoming signal is different from what the drive takes then
it 'll skip the first pulse for every movement it does, so if you do
like 10 passes it will add each missing step.
run the machine with no parts, then measure how much did it lost
or gain then divide this by your drive steps set up, you should e
able to find out if the drives are skipping a step or not.
If it does change the software pulse edge( raising or falling) and
check it again.

Fogassa

Discussion Thread

Siebert 2006-09-28 04:42:01 UTC CNC Woe's Dale Beckel 2006-09-28 04:52:25 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC Woe's afogassa 2006-09-28 12:54:41 UTC Re: CNC Woe's cnc002@a... 2006-09-28 20:39:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: CNC Woe's Fred Smith 2006-09-29 07:28:24 UTC Re: CNC Woe's Siebert 2006-09-30 10:31:24 UTC Re: CNC Woe's afogassa 2006-09-30 18:23:23 UTC Re: CNC Woe's