CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Re: BobCadCam versus VectorCadCam

on 2007-03-25 05:38:48 UTC
> But the main difference is guys, its all 3rd party developing now. They have no
> choice but to sell it for much more. Just remember what i'm telling you everyone
> and you'll be suprised. The days of BobCAD wheelin and dealin, over!!

OK but we will wait and see.
So far they have only quoted one price for one module but you don't mean to tell me they don't have some leeway built in ?
As regards 3rd pary it maybe, you seem to know more.
I do know from their advertising that some of the Predator modules are availabale and I dare say these will cost but as far as I can see these are add ons.

Now don't get me wrong I'm a big Dolphin fan and think that it's a fantastic program for the price, easy to learn as well but it's only 2-1/2D with a bit of 3D thrown in as a bonus.
Their 3D package is a rebadged version of Sprutcam, not exactly cheap for a beginner and certainly not easy to learn.

So there is room out there for a 'cheap' 3D package that can perform. Bobcad has been able to do this but not easily and if their new version 2007 can cut the mustard there is a market out there for it.
It's all a quaestion of what the market will stand and if someone is wise enough to do the maths and work out that ten sales at $999 brings in more money than 2 sales at $3,000

Home CNC is getting more popular by the month so users are out there, OK so there are some tight arses for who $10 is too much but you will never satisfy these so take them out the equasion.
Look at TurboCAD as a market model, cheap and nasty to start with but cheap upgrades to better programs and if you can keep users on the upgrade path will good content it sells itself by word of users and overall sales are up.

OneCNC is in this same position today but they are less profile about it in that they won't publish a price but evn from what we read they have leeway to move as some have stated they bought far less than quoted.

It's early days and they do have a lot to catch up on, by your other post you admit you were one of the spammers employed by them <g> so you know only too well there mistakes
but IF they have the product they also have the means to get the software and it's satisfied customers to sell itself.

I for one would like to see a good 3D package break the $1,000 - $1500 mark and be available for home shop use even if it's only a base version. I don't regard the current v21 or Vector as good 3D packages.
By doing this sales will be guaranteed and word of mouth and on line support and user forums will expand the customer base.

Has anyone else watched the video ? if so opinions please.

John S.

> John Stevenson <john@...> wrote:
> > But what you all need to understand is that its not going to be the same price
> > anymore. It's 3rd party programming. It's going to retail $3500. No more 200
> > -300 upgrades anymore. Upgrades will be 1K minimum. Wait and see.
>
> We will wait and see.
> So far only price I have seen is 2D from $1495
> But on the same site V21 pro is advertised at $5370 retail, sale price of $2995
> but I know of many who paid less than 1K for it and in some case a lot less than
> that.
>
> Let the dust settle first.
>
> John S.

Discussion Thread

John Stevenson 2007-03-25 03:38:53 UTC Re: Re: Re: BobCadCam versus VectorCadCam John Stevenson 2007-03-25 05:38:48 UTC Re: Re: Re: BobCadCam versus VectorCadCam Rodney Hill 2007-03-25 06:04:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: Re: BobCadCam versus VectorCadCam mikehenryil 2007-03-25 07:33:57 UTC Re: BobCadCam versus VectorCadCam