CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Pick and Place question

Posted by Mark Vaughan

Do you know a little more about the paste.

Reason I’m asking, a pot of solder paste must be at least 10 times a reel of
solder. Over in the UK 500G of leaded solder is about £7, lead free was £20
but I can now get that for £12, but solder paste they want £70 for 40gms, I
presently buy mine from China.

Lead free is going to have tin and silver in it, I assume alloyed before and
then broken down.

You say the solder is tiny balls, is there a special reason for this rather
than grinding it into a powder.

And flux, what are they using, it must be simple cheap chemicals, but any
idea what?,

Like explosives do I have enough under the kitchen sink plus a bit to make a
good flux for lead free solder. Don’t need to make explosives I’m licensed
for them.

Regs Mark

Dr. Mark Vaughan Ph'D. B.Eng. M0VAU

Managing Director

Vaughan Industries Ltd, reg in UK no 2561068

Water Care Technology Ltd, reg in UK no 4129351

Addr Unit3, Sydney House, Blackwater, Truro, Cornwall, TR4 8HH, UK.
Phone/Fax 44 1872 561288

RSGB DRM111(Cornwall)

_____