CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: IMService releases ncPOD system

on 2007-05-24 07:43:20 UTC
ballendo wrote:

>John,
>
>Unfortunately the USBCNC software still has many of the Bugs inherent
>in the EMC codebase which Art has swatted over the years. (I have
>three of Bert's USBCNC chips and systems set up. They have "issues".)

Could you elaborate on these EMC bugs, please? Art started with what is
now a very old version of EMC, whereas it appears that Oemtech started
with a version of EMC2 from sometime in the middle of last year. (This
is hard to pin down exactly since it appears they haven't published the
source code yet, but that's another topic)

The EMC2 bug database contains 7 bugs, none of which was present when
Art started his work with EMC (if you'd like to see them, the bug list
is here:
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=106744&group_id=6744&func=browse> ).

It's not reaasonable to just state categorically to the user (and
potential user) community that there are bugs in EMC2 when you haven't
filed a bug report with the developers.

We take bug reports very seriously, and bugs that actually affect users
and their gcode are fixed very quickly.

Looking forward to the bug reports
- Steve

Discussion Thread

John Stevenson 2007-05-23 14:36:32 UTC Re: Re: Re: IMService releases ncPOD system ballendo 2007-05-24 03:48:14 UTC Re: IMService releases ncPOD system Stephen Wille Padnos 2007-05-24 07:43:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: IMService releases ncPOD system Alan KM6VV 2007-05-24 09:48:18 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: IMService releases ncPOD system Stephen Wille Padnos 2007-05-24 10:27:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: IMService releases ncPOD system Alan KM6VV 2007-05-24 12:37:36 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: IMService releases ncPOD system