CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] MasterCAM Tutorials, postprocessor, and NC file generation questions

Posted by Michael Fagan
on 2008-02-09 01:08:08 UTC
Alright, I'll try that tomorrow. v10 is supposed to be a bit more
user-friendly, sounds like that's the way to go. That ops list thing
was exactly what I was looking for.

On Feb 8, 2008 6:44 AM, <pml58@...> wrote:

> It's been a long time since I used v8. I would skip 8 and dive right into
> v10, you'll never look back and be glad you did. posts aren't too
> difficult to modify. register at "Emastercam" and search their forum, alot
> of smart people and info. in v10 to post to different nc file names, in
> the operations manager, select the op you want change and right click the
> group name and select "edit operations">"change nc file name". do this for
> every op and name as you wish. then select all ops and post. a
> suggestion, why not post to 1 file and have M0's between each tool, then
> the program will stop and you can change tools and offsets.
>
> hope this helps
> Paul

As an answer to several questions: at least with my current setup and
workflow, changing parts is much faster than changing tools. Even if
I had all the tool change stuff figured out in software, it's still a
manual tool change, no preset system, whereas the part change is two
short SHCS and two dowel pins. It's physically faster to repeat all
the operations with a single tool on the entire stack of plates, and
then load the next set of operations, change the tool once, and run
all the plates through again. Whether or not it is possible in EMC2
is pretty much irrelevant to my current setup.
That being said, I will definitely investigate the various
possibilities for the future.
Thanks very much for the advice
Michael

Discussion Thread

Michael Fagan 2008-02-07 23:53:37 UTC MasterCAM Tutorials, postprocessor, and NC file generation questions Steve Blackmore 2008-02-08 00:14:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] MasterCAM Tutorials, postprocessor, and NC file generation questions Michael Fagan 2008-02-08 00:33:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] MasterCAM Tutorials, postprocessor, and NC file generation questions Stephen Wille Padnos 2008-02-08 05:48:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] MasterCAM Tutorials, postprocessor, and NC file generation questions Michael Fagan 2008-02-08 07:17:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] MasterCAM Tutorials, postprocessor, and NC file generation questions pml58@s... 2008-02-08 08:16:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] MasterCAM Tutorials, postprocessor, and NC file generation questions Steve Blackmore 2008-02-08 08:16:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] MasterCAM Tutorials, postprocessor, and NC file generation questions Steve Blackmore 2008-02-08 08:31:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] MasterCAM Tutorials, postprocessor, and NC file generation questions Michael Fagan 2008-02-09 01:08:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] MasterCAM Tutorials, postprocessor, and NC file generation questions smirob1 2008-02-09 14:45:12 UTC Re: MasterCAM Tutorials, postprocessor, and NC file generation questions Mihaly Kis 2008-02-09 16:18:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] MasterCAM Tutorials, postprocessor, and NC file generation questions Michael Fagan 2008-02-10 19:42:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: MasterCAM Tutorials, postprocessor, and NC file generation questions