CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Ref: Free laser scanner software

Posted by Chris Horne
on 2008-04-08 10:39:02 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, stan <stan.distortion@...> wrote:

> Sounds like it's going well. What kind of accuracy are you getting?
And any
> points to watch out for if giving it a try?
> cheers

Stan,

It's hard to say what accuracy as I haven't actually measured it !

that sounds a bit odd, but I only progressed far enough to know that I
could get a scan and that it was reasonably true, (not distorted) as
the rest is just scaling.

Th main use to which I will be putting it is the scanning of existing
motorcycle parts in order for me to make parts that will fit on to them.

So far I haven't used the technique in anger (eg actually use a scan
to make a part that has reached market) but I now know that I can..
if that makes sense.

The biggest problems I had were getting a good laser line and coming
up with a non-reflective coating for chrome parts...

I bought a licence this software so that I could use the fusion stuff,
and I also downloaded Meshlab for manipulating the scans and bought a
licence for Meshcam for generating toolpaths off them.

It all hangs togetther, just need time

Chris

Discussion Thread

timgoldstein 2008-04-06 05:36:43 UTC Free laser scanner software stan 2008-04-06 08:21:16 UTC Ref: Free laser scanner software Chris Horne 2008-04-07 04:27:37 UTC Re: Ref: Free laser scanner software stan 2008-04-07 11:34:37 UTC Ref: Free laser scanner software Chris Horne 2008-04-08 10:39:02 UTC Re: Ref: Free laser scanner software stan 2008-04-08 15:30:03 UTC Ref: Free laser scanner software Chris Horne 2008-04-09 09:44:16 UTC Re: Ref: Free laser scanner software