CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Best 2.5D cad/cam solution under $300

on 2008-07-19 15:21:11 UTC
I finally settled for Dolphin partmaster level 3. The sale team
contacted me and gave me a very good deal. I strongly recommend to
contact them in case you are interested but you think it is too
expensive (as I thought too).
I had time to play quite a lot with it so far and produced a few
pieces. I really like the CAD software. I find it easy to use and with
a lot of useful options. The CAD also allows you to produce directly
G-codes, so it is already some sort of CAD/CAM software. This cam
feature is however buggy and not very flexible, so I don't recommend
to use it.
This is not a problem as partmaster level 3 comes with its own CAM
software. So when you are done drawing you can click on a button to
import the drawing to the CAM software. The cam software also has a
few bugs and weirdness but you learn to play around and overall it is
easy to use. For example, I use mach3 and could never use the mach3
postprocessor as it create g-code not compatible with mach3. However
the Master5 postprocessor works very well with mach3, try it if you
also encounter problems with the mach 3 postprocessor. One thing I
don't like is the license system. You can only install your license on
1 computer. You can later remove it and install it on another
computer, but you won't be able to have a copy on your laptop and
desktop simultaneously (they do give you a discount on the second
license, and if you really need two licenses you still get a very good
deal I believe).
Overall I am very pleased. It has been a little frustrating at first
once you learn the weakness of the program, you end up with an easy to
use CAD/CAM, cheap and powerful. There is also a yahoo group dedicated
to it which I am sure can be very useful.

Christian

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Kelly" <tech@...> wrote:

> I use solid edge 2d. It's a great cad package.
> Caveat, I learned 3d cad on the solid edge 3d...
>
> PK

Discussion Thread

concombrefrais 2008-06-26 11:22:54 UTC Best 2.5D cad/cam solution under $300 caudlet 2008-06-26 11:23:53 UTC Re: Best 2.5D cad/cam solution under $300 Jack McKie 2008-06-26 11:39:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Best 2.5D cad/cam solution under $300 andrey@e... 2008-06-26 13:46:10 UTC RE: Best 2.5D cad/cam solution under $300 Rodney 2008-06-26 16:42:13 UTC Re: Best 2.5D cad/cam solution under $300 Dave Sage 2008-06-26 19:06:29 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Best 2.5D cad/cam solution under $300 Robert Colin Campbell 2008-06-26 19:16:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Best 2.5D cad/cam solution under $300 Michael Fagan 2008-06-26 21:56:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Best 2.5D cad/cam solution under $300 Leslie Newell 2008-06-27 02:05:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Best 2.5D cad/cam solution under $300 556RECON 2008-06-27 07:11:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Best 2.5D cad/cam solution under $300 concombrefrais 2008-06-28 15:30:11 UTC Re: Best 2.5D cad/cam solution under $300 andrey@e... 2008-06-28 15:42:36 UTC Re: Best 2.5D cad/cam solution under $300 Paul Kelly 2008-06-28 16:55:23 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Best 2.5D cad/cam solution under $300 concombrefrais 2008-07-19 15:21:11 UTC Re: Best 2.5D cad/cam solution under $300 Steve Blackmore 2008-07-19 16:46:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Best 2.5D cad/cam solution under $300