CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC turning

on 2010-02-03 10:46:23 UTC
There is often confusion on orientation of lathe axes. The easiest way to
remember it is to visualise a milling machine lying on it's side. Of course,
on a simple lathe, there's no need for the Y axis.

But, with todays cnc machines and live tooling, there's Y, A, B, C axes and
lots of other letters of the alphabet.;)

Roland