CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC turning

on 2010-02-03 13:49:47 UTC
Hi Roland and all:
     I just saw where they now use "W" as an axis on one of the new combination machines that do Hard Turning and Grinding on the same machine.  The "W" axis was like a second "X" axis but for the second head (Grinding) after the "X" was used for the Hard Turning.  From what I can find from my research the following hold true most of the time.    "A" is a head rotation
              "B" is a rotation axis parallel to the table (ex: index head or trunnion)
              "C" is a rotation axis perpendicular to the table or trunnion (ex: turntable)
              "I" is the starting point or offset in "X" from the center of an arc
              "J" is the starting point or offset in "Y" from the center of an arc
              "K" is the starting point or offset in "z" from the center of an arc
     Does anyone else know of anymore or a clearer definition of these?
                                                          GOD'S BLESSINGS
                                                              Bill

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 08:55:43 +0200, Roland Jollivet wrote