CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Gecko 203V disable light with Smoothstepper

Posted by bob campbell
on 2011-09-23 11:41:11 UTC
Jimmy,

The problem that I had and one of my customers also had was the disable led
started blinking and then went on solid during a cut. On my control box I
was running 7 amps motors. I did not have a current set resistor installed.
I installed a current set resistor for about 6.5 amps. This fixed my
problem. For my customer I recommended that he check the current set
resistor and decrease the current by about 10%. This fixed his problem.

You are not the only one that has had the same problem.

Bob Campbell

-----Original Message-----
From: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of jimmy_staton
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2011 11:51 AM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Gecko 203V disable light with Smoothstepper

I'm running a SmoothStepper with 3 X 203V Gecko's all is fine testing the
drives
at about 30 Inches a min but If I get much above that the 203V for that axis
set the Red disable light and I have to recycle the power connected to the
203V's to reset it.
It also did the same thing running for a parallel port so I don't thing it's
the controller.

I have shield cable connected to the Step, Dir, Ena and GND I am run at
20,000 steps
per inch on ball screw, am I just trying to get too high a inch Per/ min
from these drivers?

[Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.