CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: USGS data

Posted by Fred Smith
on 2000-09-07 04:50:16 UTC
Message: 17
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 22:57:50 -0400
From: "Carlos Guillermo" <carlos@...>
Subject: RE: Re: USGS data

>I downloaded and tried the STLWorks app with STL files generated from Solid
>Edge, but they would not open. No errors or messages, just lack of opening.
>Any hints? I know the STL files are good, since I have made SLA's already
>from them.

Carlos and others,

While I don't mind discussion of StlWork in this venue, please understand that I get the Digest version , and may only have time to review it about once per day. If you have specific or urgent questions that come up with StlWork or StlTrans, please feel free to post them on our user's forum, or e-mail me directly. I monitor my e-mail about 16 hours per day( more lately ;-) & am notified of any postings to the StlWork user forum by e-mail. We encourage users to participate in the forum because then the question is asked once and answered, and the next user has the benefit of access to the dialog 24 hours per day. The forum is at http://www.stlwork.com

We have received a problem file from another user that StlWork would not open. It was thought to have been a binary. The file in question was fine after we processed it with StlTrans, and saved it as an ascii STL. Try that & see if it works for you. If you have a sample file that you can send, please zip it up & I will forward to our development staff for evaluation. They are presently evaluating the problem with the first file.

Best Regards,

Fred Smith IMService

Discussion Thread

Fred Smith 2000-09-05 04:49:52 UTC Re: USGS data Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-09-05 11:45:27 UTC USGS data Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-09-06 17:13:48 UTC Re: USGS data Carlos Guillermo 2000-09-06 19:52:19 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: USGS data Fred Smith 2000-09-07 04:28:17 UTC Re: USGS data Fred Smith 2000-09-07 04:50:16 UTC Re: Re: USGS data