CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Response - The Saga

Posted by Art Fenerty
on 2000-10-11 13:06:25 UTC
Hi:

free. It actually will become somewhat inaccurate after about an hour of
usage. Its
price is $50.00 in whatever currency you use. It is a token price just to
keep me interested in updating it for others. (its all in the system/about
menu selection.)
The price will never change (at least thats the plan ) and it does have
limitations. The pause after 500mm or so is a windows issue that I'm
currently dealing with. The next version will not pause windows while
cutting, that way pause, e-stop etc, will work immediately upon their
selection. The limitations however, don't seem to affect those of us using
it too much. It was really just an effort by myself to create a program for
myself. The comments I have been getting on it have been great.
My appreciation to all who like it, and to those who dont....you have a
point. The g-code is simple (as I have simple needs ) and will undoubtable
get more complex as new versions are written. The pausing is unacceptable in
a REAL machine environment and this will be cured shortly. I hope to release
my new VXD
to the public domain. It will be a background process who's job it is just
to send pulses to the printer port and save status in global variables. That
way any program could use the VXD for a smooth RT solution. That having been
said, realtime is not really possible under windows. Almost Real Time is
possible, and a pentium 500 should be able to do about 50000 - 80000 pulses
per second quite smoothly. So, if my assembly programming comes back to me
in time, you should see new possibilities in a few weeks time.
It's interesting to read the interplay between the professionals on the
list and the "self-named newbie's" . Lets all remember that some folks just
want to cut a circle, and others want to create a crankshaft. My biggest
problem is learning what its all about. I fix Magnetic resonance systems for
a living and until this year
I didn't know a G01 code from a off-axis spin resonance T1 protocol.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.
Art