CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Help Pick out best software

Posted by bbryce@e...
on 2000-11-29 12:01:34 UTC
Over the past while i have been writing a CNC program which will
accept HPGL files (I normally create them with corel draw but it
should also be possible with autocad)

I wanted to create a cnc program that didnt involve advanced Cad,
that would work well in 2d but give the possability of having
different colours cut at different depths.

It then loads is't own configuratiion files and allocated a pen hight
to each colour (pen number 0-9)
it then loads a plotter file (HPGL)
It will then (if desired) sort the plotter file in order of pen
numner starting at 1. This is done to minimise the number of tool
changes.
The program outputs the appropriate step and direction signals to the
chosen paralell port pins, stopping if desired, at the appropriate
points for tool changes.
A 3d and 2d wireframe previews are available on screen.

This program is not yet fully finished, however I can send a Beta
version in the next few days if you like

good luck
Bernard Bryce.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, rfs@c... wrote:
> I would be interested in the approach you are taking in
constructing
> your router table. I am collecting a variety of info on doing the
> same and plan on starting construction soon. TorchMate has some
nice
> photos of their product. Thanx. RFS.
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, "Chris Salter" <salterc@v...>
> wrote:
> > All of you know more about cnc than I do at this time..
> >
> > I am building a combination Plasma and router table...
> > so that I can do either one...
> > the problem is that I have been looking at the software that
> > I can download and it all seem to be more complicated than I was
> > thinking...
> >
> > I want to be able to do 2 and 3 axis cutting and some would be
parts
> > that I have drawn in autocad but I would also like to be able to
add
> > text in whatever font I like...
> >

> > Does anyone know of a program that will do this or a combination
of
> > two....
> >
> > Please advise
> >

> > Thank
> > Chris

Discussion Thread

Chris Salter 2000-10-05 11:16:19 UTC Help Pick out best software Art Fenerty 2000-10-05 12:27:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help Pick out best software rfs@c... 2000-11-29 10:42:43 UTC Re: Help Pick out best software salterc@v... 2000-11-29 11:26:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Help Pick out best software Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-11-29 11:42:42 UTC Re: Help Pick out best software bbryce@e... 2000-11-29 12:01:32 UTC Re: Help Pick out best software bbryce@e... 2000-11-29 12:01:34 UTC Re: Help Pick out best software