CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 2-D shape Cutting solutions.

Posted by Joe Vicars
on 2001-01-11 13:55:38 UTC
At that time I was testing out DeskNC, but I bought CNCPro and never looked back. You need the constant contouring to get good kerf and
cut finish.
I liked DeskNC, but it just didn't fill the need for that particular application.
Your DXF conversions would have to be done on another software, there are too many available to mention. Some cater to flame cutting.
I used a Lincoln ProCut 55, but for thin stuff you don't need (or want) that much expense or heat. There are lots of small plasma
cutters available, Lincoln, Miller, Thermal Dynamics, Esab, and many others. Call your local welding joint, they will have several. If
I were buying another I would just make sure I got the "machine" style torch not the "pistol" style. Easier mouting and for remote
triggering.