CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

re:Re: Excessive Quoting, again

Posted by ballendo@y...
on 2001-01-13 19:16:00 UTC
Jerry K wrote:
>Ron, people feel that they have to "signify" in order to remain
>in the minds of other list holders. These one-liners are
>basically ego serving and useless. I can't see why they are even
>sent as they cost money for some listees to download.

Jerry,

What these "one-liners" do is show agreement, or support, of the
position/ idea expressed. It's polite, kind, and caring. It's about
giving TO others as well as taking FROM others...

I think everyone "pays" in some way to be part of this list. We are
here to HELP one another. Help is not always just technical
information! Sometimes it's a pat on the back, a shoulder to lean on.

>This gives me a chance to "signify" and say that the digitizer
>topic has reached the status of "YAK" that we place on useless
>info on the modeleng-list group list. I haven't seen anything in
>the last five days on this subject that I would pay to download.
>I know others see it differently so I use my delete key when I
>see that subject line. The box thread was treated equally well,
>thank you......

The digitiser "topic" only continues BECAUSE people ARE interested in
it! For the people supporting the thread, It's NOT yak! For me, this
list is kind of like sitting at an auction. I know what I'm here to
buy; and I know how much I'm willing to pay. Sometimes the object I
want is sold for FAR more than I am willing to 'pay'. As it passes me
by, I have to realise that others will 'pay' more... Sometimes the
thing I want is last of the lots sold. So I sit waiting for what I'm
here for. While others are 'bidding' up a storm...

I'm glad the delete key is working well for you. You may be missing a
lot if you're deleting based on subject line. We haven't been too
good at updating them to reflect what's REALLY being discussed :-)

Hope this helps.

Ballendo (Am I more significant now???)

P.S. Ron, Thank you for reminding us to clip the 'trailing text'.

Discussion Thread

ron ginger 2001-01-13 18:19:16 UTC Excessive Quoting, again Jerry Kimberlin 2001-01-13 18:40:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Excessive Quoting, again ballendo@y... 2001-01-13 19:16:00 UTC re:Re: Excessive Quoting, again Flosi Gudmunsson 2001-01-13 20:17:49 UTC Re: Excessive Quoting, again Carlos Guillermo 2001-01-14 04:38:57 UTC re YAK