CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Can CNCPro users provide some input? - cutter comp

Posted by Ray
on 2001-03-21 06:38:15 UTC
Alan

There is a page on LinuxCnc.org about the way the EMC does comp. Jon E
also has a page on his wusl site.

There are several ways, including arcs, that you can approach the comp
offset. I did some experiments while writing the handbook comp page and
found that if you know the offset and the start of cut position in advance
of the g42/43, or compute it some way, and use that info to move to the
start position, you can begin comp right where you want to cut. The only
thing that the EMC cares about is that you not gouge the surface that you
are comping away from during the approach. It computes a possible
gouge to some incredible degree of accuracy so the start position math has
to be good.

From: Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@...>

<s>I've heard that the controller must have straight line enter and exits,
>to give it time to switch into/out of comp. I really haven't much of an
>Idea how it works, although I can see it simply as an offset in the CAD.
>I'd like to hear/understand more about it.

If you read a bit of c c++ you can look at the source code that Tom Kramer
wrote for the emc. These routines are very well documented.

Ray

Discussion Thread

Ray 2001-03-21 06:38:15 UTC Re: Re: Can CNCPro users provide some input? - cutter comp Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-03-21 13:00:20 UTC Re: Can CNCPro users provide some input? - cutter comp Smoke 2001-03-21 20:48:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: Can CNCPro users provide some input? - cutter comp Tom Eldredge 2001-03-22 08:21:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: Can CNCPro users provide some input? - cutter comp Smoke 2001-03-22 10:51:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: Can CNCPro users provide some input? - cutter comp Tom Eldredge 2001-03-22 11:57:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Can CNCPro users provide some input? - cutter comp Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-03-22 15:02:12 UTC Re: Can CNCPro users provide some input? - cutter comp