CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Can CNCPro users provide some input? - cutter comp

on 2001-03-21 13:00:20 UTC
Hi Ray,

Eureka! Home at last! I finally got to a download site I could USE!

http://sourceforge.net/projects/emc/

FINALLY a .ZIP file I can handle! Lotsa 'C' code here! Thanks for
these URL's. I didn't quite find the page (HTML?) on comp at:

http://www.linuxcnc.org/handbook/index.html

but I'll be downloading the handbook, and reading it from cover to
cover.

Ray wrote:

> Alan
>
> There is a page on LinuxCnc.org about the way the EMC does comp. Jon E
> also has a page on his wusl site.
>
> There are several ways, including arcs, that you can approach the comp
> offset. I did some experiments while writing the handbook comp page and
> found that if you know the offset and the start of cut position in advance
> of the g42/43, or compute it some way, and use that info to move to the
> start position, you can begin comp right where you want to cut. The only
> thing that the EMC cares about is that you not gouge the surface that you
> are comping away from during the approach. It computes a possible
> gouge to some incredible degree of accuracy so the start position math has
> to be good.
>
> From: Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@...>
>
> <s>I've heard that the controller must have straight line enter and exits,
> >to give it time to switch into/out of comp. I really haven't much of an
> >Idea how it works, although I can see it simply as an offset in the CAD.
> >I'd like to hear/understand more about it.
>
> If you read a bit of c c++ you can look at the source code that Tom Kramer
> wrote for the emc. These routines are very well documented.
>
> Ray

I write C, C++ for work (and my own efforts), and I have been anxious to
study EMC, I just don't have Linux the experience, as yet! ;>)

Thanks again for the URL's, I'd been to Source Forge (I thought) before,
and EMC sites, but these are DEFINITELY good sources.

Alan KM6VV

Discussion Thread

Ray 2001-03-21 06:38:15 UTC Re: Re: Can CNCPro users provide some input? - cutter comp Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-03-21 13:00:20 UTC Re: Can CNCPro users provide some input? - cutter comp Smoke 2001-03-21 20:48:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: Can CNCPro users provide some input? - cutter comp Tom Eldredge 2001-03-22 08:21:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: Can CNCPro users provide some input? - cutter comp Smoke 2001-03-22 10:51:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: Can CNCPro users provide some input? - cutter comp Tom Eldredge 2001-03-22 11:57:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Can CNCPro users provide some input? - cutter comp Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-03-22 15:02:12 UTC Re: Can CNCPro users provide some input? - cutter comp