CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Can CNCPro users provide some input? - cutter comp

on 2001-03-22 15:02:12 UTC
Hi Tom,

comments interspersed below:

I haven't been through ALL the material I've downloaded yet (that seems
to happen quite often), but I'm trying!

Hope this fits your needs.

Alan KM6VV
P.S. Thanks again to the EMC guys!

Tom Eldredge wrote:

> Alan,
>
> I am trying to follow your tracks a little here...
>
> You went to the sourceforge (EMC) and selected the file entitled:
> emc-1.1-19.i386-win32.zip. Is that right?

Yes a 4 MB file. It is not the complete runtime, Ray says:

"The emc zip is a MS version that only simulates a machine controller.
It's
good for a look. The source files would be labeled as ???src.tgz"

I didn't think it took that long, 10-20 min?

> Where is the handbook you mentioned? Which file is it?

The handbook is apparently not a single file, like NIST. You can
print/download "pieces" of it (HTML?) at:

http://www.linuxcnc.org/handbook/index.html

I just printed out all of the pieces I could find. Probing would have
been interesting :>( and I think the NIST link might be broke. The
NIST has quite a lot of good information to study. I'm just in a study
phase now.