CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Kurt Drawbar Won't work!

on 2001-04-27 21:10:03 UTC
Another possible falt may be that the van blades of the impact
motor are stuck, then too: nothing moves!!

Hello Joe,
Possibly not even that. The thing normally is driven by a carriage type
neumatic valve. This type of valve is given to stick frequently when it
is old.
So first dismantle the valve and clean with sewing machine oil.
It is normal that after 3 weeks it will start to go on strike again.
When You get tired of this game the best way to go is a SEATALVE
generaly one 5/3 position valve or two 3/2 position valves.
I warmly recomend the FESTO MFH or MVG valves .
They are relativly expencive but these things never get stuck.
And you shurely get spare parts!! (in one machine I changed seals of an
older model with the same principle for the first time
after 18 years service of a valve that was 12 years out of production.
This is now 8 years ago and the machine runs like a clock work)
Good Luck
Sven Peter