CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] killing bacteria

on 2001-04-30 08:22:25 UTC
A question first, is cutting oil 'dangerous' or bad if you get it on
your skin because it contains heavy metals in a suspension that's so fine
it'll pass into your skin?

Ozone gas can be made with were a high voltage is put across a space of
air. Personally I feel sorry for those germs. Imagine you're that germ, just
relaxing in the pools of slim with the ever present threat of being sprayed
onto red hot metal, then on top of that they have to worry about use
toasting them with ozone.

Bacteria need to breath oxygen and when you take it away from them, or
limit it, they respire anerobically. Instead of producing the hydrogen
sulphate salt (You need oxygen to make the SO^4 sulphate molecule) they
produce hydrogen sulphide (HS) which reeks of rotten egg. Pumping air
through the fluid would get rid of the smell but it'd make it really comfy
for them to live in the tank. Hydrogen sulphide is proberly more dangerous
to you than the germs. A high enough concentration of HS makes it painful to
breath (In the way that you die after a few minutes) but I doubt they'd be
up to that much respiration.

How about actually ionising the water? I have no idea if it'd work it
just sounds like it would! : ) Other options might be, forcing the fluid
through one of those new lined filters in drinks bottles that filter out
microbes or just buying a couple of water purification tablets and dropping
them in. And if all else fails, fetch the HF! I'd like to the see the little
suckers in there when a pint of 99.99% HF goes in. Actually, I'd like to see
the tank still there.

Bug busting overkill,
John