CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Deskam DeskNCW

Posted by Art Fenerty
on 2001-06-09 11:37:08 UTC
Tim:

Just a note that the problems you noted are not a problem in Master5.
Individual axis can be adjusted, keyboard jog is the smoothest around and
the port pins are easy to reconfigure. The program can be setup with a
wingamn USB joystick so all functions including run,pause,spindle on/off
etc, are available. The joystick can jog in all directions as well as
control feed rate override.
You can type in multiple single lines, and not have to enter the G1.
The EMC kernel is used and is a state machine, so it remembers the states.
Peck drilling and all the other EMC codes are in effect. I have just added
angular repeats, (make a program and tell Master5 to run it n times with
n-degrees of rotation between each run). I have also added saving of home
positions by file name (if you set a home position after going to the
reference switches, just hit save, then anytime afterwards you can load the
home position back by nc file name). Tool length referencing and tool tables
are next. My main limitation is 8191 pulses per second output and the NT
Win2000 limitation, but I hope by next year to have the NT drivers up and
running and I am toying with a customer suggestion for a black box version,
his black box puts out 250000 steps per second.. Many fixes and upgrades
have been added in the last couple of months, a new demo with all these
features should be uploaded by the end of this weekend, look for demo 1.90
when it is uploaded.
A US manufacturer of Mill's. lathes and 3d scanning units has just
picked Master5 as the software they will be providing their customers with
their new equipment and will be offering Master5 as an upgrade to their
existing customer base, so it looks like Master5 will continue to grow and
change over the next year or two.

Let me know if you have any difficulties with the demo, or would like any
new features.

Good Luck,
Art