CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Deskam DeskNCW

Posted by afogassa@y...
on 2001-06-09 11:51:22 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Tim Goldstein" <timg@k...> wrote:
> I am also testing out DeskWinNC in my setup of Bridgett.
>

> buttons don't form a pattern. Right and Left arrow keys along with
the PgUp
> and PgDn buttons would be much more intuitive and immensely more
convenient.
> Even the labeling of the jog buttons on the screen is confusing.
They are
> left, right, forward, back, up, down. I would vote for X+, X-, Y+,
Y- and so
> on. Forward means Y- so the table moves away from you. Also you can
only jog
> in the discreet steps you have set up. Meaning that you can not
just hold
> down a button and have it move until it gets to where you want. If
you want
> to move the table for positioning 8.7 inches or so you would change
the jog
> to 5" than click the move, then pick 2" and move, then pick 1" and
move,
> then pick .5" and move, you get the idea. Of course you could just
pick .5"
> say and keep clicking the move. Also if you touch any key during a
move the
> move is aborted.
> - Parallel port layout does not match any other software I know of.
This
> means that I had to use one of Doug Fortune's pBREAK boards as a
breakout
> board to convert the output to match EMC so I can switch between
software
> and not have to rewire my hardware. Not a problem if it is the only
system
> you will run, but it does require a breakout board like Doug's
where you can
> access all the pins and the one Camtronics puts out will not work
unless you
> use Doug's board as a converter first.
>
> On the positive side, the pulse output seems rock solid and it does
run on
> all of the MS 32 bit systems including NT and 2000.
>
> > Tim
> [Denver CO]

I'm with you Tim,
Just forget about using the mouse on a machine controller softaware.
The way i've got the pinouts was by changing the wires on a printer
cabble, I think i've got it from radio shack some time ago.I've open
the side that connects to the controller and rewire it to camtronics
pinouts.This way if I want to change softwares I just change the
printer cable.
If Carl could change the jogg bottons as you sayd it would be a big
improvement.
I'm using windows ME and it works just fine.
If Carl works this out it's going to be a great software compared to
Flash cut or HaHa and for a fraction of the cost.
Ps: I like desknc for dos but it lacks support for many gcodes that
deskwin have.

Fogassa.