CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: I-LPT & step/dir servo amps

Posted by garfield@x...
on 1999-10-17 19:43:44 UTC
On Sun, 17 Oct 1999 18:08:31 -0400, "Carlos Guillermo"
<Carlos@...> wrote:

>> >I'm happy to see some discussion about Indexer LPT, even though it *is* a
>> >for-profit product.
>>
>Hoyt wrote:
>> Why should that matter? I see discussion of a number of
>> commercial products in here.
>
>Carlos writes:
>You're right, It shouldn't. Ever since the recent battle, though, I've been
>a little gun-shy about pushing any software that isn't open-sourced and
>free.

Let's keep the facts straight, shall we? There *never* is nor was any
problem discussing either kind of software, AFAIK, until Mr. Guano there
questioned people's motives for bothering with EMC, cuz it was sooooo
hard to set up, in the midst of touting his own stuff. Fine to tout your
own stuff, that ISN'T why he got flamed by me. It was for peeing on
others who don't happen to share his 'product vision', and instead find
MANY good reasons for being interested in EMC, besides his snotty
suggestion that we do so because we wanted to "deal in discomfort",
whatever that drivel meant.

I'll quote you from his last on the subject, since you've obviously
revised it a good deal in your own mind:

Quoting Mr. Guano from Tue, 12 Oct 1999 07:34:53,
>You do have to admit the setting up linux/emc seems to be
>difficult and tedious and a question about the motives for pursuing that is
>a natural one.
and also from the same missive:
>...I do wonder about their purposes: whether all that is to share info as you
>claim is the object, or to deal in discomfort.

Sorry to have to "deal in discomfort" some more, but the *truth* seems
to have that effect on you, hence the quotations.

If Mr. Guano thot he was justified in sliming people's motives for their
interest in EMC, because he felt his own commercial interests in L-IPT
or whatever, were brought into question by someone else, he should have
answered just that one person, instead of painting this
psuedo-psychobabble bullshit about us guys being interested in EMC "just
for the pain". I still find his comments on that subject to this day to
be totally disrespectful and contemptuous of many of the people on this
list, and utterly without any justification whatsoever. I think he owes
us an apology.

Lemme illustrate, Carlo. Remember when you came on this list and
suggested your grand plan for the ideal product in CNC? A proposed
business venture of your own? Did you get flamed and despised for having
such aspirations? Nope. But IF you had said, "I'm suggesting this
proposed product, because I see all yous guys struggling with EMC, and
think that's kinda sick, you must love pain or somethin". THEN what do
you think your reception would have been? That's what your pal Guano
there did. Go back and READ his posts if you can take it.

You keep distorting what happened, buddy, and I'll keep reminding you of
the "painful" truth about it. See, I'm interested in EMC, so you gotta
know I just LUV "dealing in discomfort". Heh.

Gar

Discussion Thread

Carlos Guillermo 1999-10-16 13:01:46 UTC I-LPT & step/dir servo amps batwings@x... 1999-10-16 06:12:40 UTC Re: I-LPT & step/dir servo amps Jon Elson 1999-10-16 21:42:03 UTC Re: I-LPT & step/dir servo amps Carlos Guillermo 1999-10-17 09:43:11 UTC RE: I-LPT & step/dir servo amps Carlos Guillermo 1999-10-17 15:08:31 UTC RE: I-LPT & step/dir servo amps garfield@x... 1999-10-17 19:43:44 UTC Re: I-LPT & step/dir servo amps Jon Elson 1999-10-17 23:23:08 UTC Re: I-LPT & step/dir servo amps Carlos Guillermo 1999-10-18 04:34:54 UTC RE: I-LPT & step/dir servo amps Carlos Guillermo 1999-10-18 04:47:04 UTC RE: I-LPT & step/dir servo amps batwings@x... 1999-10-17 19:57:38 UTC RE: I-LPT & step/dir servo amps garfield@x... 1999-10-18 06:53:27 UTC Re: I-LPT & step/dir servo amps Darrell Gehlsen 1999-10-18 09:39:45 UTC Re: I-LPT & step/dir servo amps garfield@x... 1999-10-18 10:23:38 UTC Re: I-LPT & step/dir servo amps