CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: I-LPT & step/dir servo amps

on 1999-10-18 09:39:45 UTC
Carlos,
I could agree with you except for one thing, as soon as his post was called
into question, Hoyt began calling names and making personal attacks and
attempted to discredit people with his statements.
I-LPT is a program that has its place and uses but it needs a front end to
be usable. If you are a programmer that is fine but if you are using a CAD
program to create your part you then have to convert to G code and then use
another program to convert to I-LPT. That means you buy the CAD, you buy
I-LPT and then you have to get or make a front end for I-LPT. EMC is free
and is direct from G code to machine.
Darrell

----- Original Message -----
From: Carlos Guillermo <Carlos@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com>
Sent: Monday, October 18, 1999 4:34 AM
Subject: RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] I-LPT & step/dir servo amps

> From: "Carlos Guillermo" <Carlos@...>
>
> Gar -
>
> I find Hoyt's comments just plain frank; nothing deeper. I can understand
> your views, however, and how the whole issue might be taken a different
way.
> Since most of us don't get the chance to talk face-to-face, I think alot
of
> our meanings and intents won't always come across as intended. All those
> subtle facial expressions and verbal nuances get filtered out real quick
> with Courier font, and I for one am not up to speed on all the
"netiquette"
> and special symbols [ ;o)... etc. ]. I've been accused of being
hardheaded
> and abrasive sometimes, but the best I can do is to try to be patient,
> tolerant, and I'm learning to be thick-skinned.
>
> Sincerely,
> Carlos Guillermo

Discussion Thread

Carlos Guillermo 1999-10-16 13:01:46 UTC I-LPT & step/dir servo amps batwings@x... 1999-10-16 06:12:40 UTC Re: I-LPT & step/dir servo amps Jon Elson 1999-10-16 21:42:03 UTC Re: I-LPT & step/dir servo amps Carlos Guillermo 1999-10-17 09:43:11 UTC RE: I-LPT & step/dir servo amps Carlos Guillermo 1999-10-17 15:08:31 UTC RE: I-LPT & step/dir servo amps garfield@x... 1999-10-17 19:43:44 UTC Re: I-LPT & step/dir servo amps Jon Elson 1999-10-17 23:23:08 UTC Re: I-LPT & step/dir servo amps Carlos Guillermo 1999-10-18 04:34:54 UTC RE: I-LPT & step/dir servo amps Carlos Guillermo 1999-10-18 04:47:04 UTC RE: I-LPT & step/dir servo amps batwings@x... 1999-10-17 19:57:38 UTC RE: I-LPT & step/dir servo amps garfield@x... 1999-10-18 06:53:27 UTC Re: I-LPT & step/dir servo amps Darrell Gehlsen 1999-10-18 09:39:45 UTC Re: I-LPT & step/dir servo amps garfield@x... 1999-10-18 10:23:38 UTC Re: I-LPT & step/dir servo amps