CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC Video drivers - help please

awemawson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm wallowing around trying to get the BDI set up for a higher
> resolution than 640 x 480 - but currently it's winning !
>
> My system is a Compaq ENSFF PIII 800 Mhz, and being Small form factor
> everything is integrated. The video chip set is an Intel FW82815
> (SL4DF = 'A2 stepping' whatever that means!)
>
> When I go through the BDI install and am presented with the choice of
> video cards the only ones I can find that work (using Test button)
> are generic VGA and unsupported VGA both of which give me 'virtual
> resolution set to 640 x 480).
>
> The onboard graphics is supposed to be AGP4X with 8 megs of ram so
> seeing those fuzzy chunky icons is frustrating !
>
> Previously I loaded it on a clone 200 Mhz PII with a 1 meg Trident
> card (8900) and had the same symptoms, and the same two drivers were
> the only ones that worked - I had hoped that the upgrade would cure
> that.

Very strange! Trident cards are very sophisticated, and XFree86 generally
knows how to talk to them just fine. But, it is not JUST video cards, it
also
includes MONITORS in the calculation of what modes can, and cannot, be
used. So, you have to tell it that you have a monitor that is capable of
higher resolution (or horizontal sweep rates, particularly.)

awemawson 2001-12-27 02:51:17 UTC EMC Video drivers - help please fast1994gto 2001-12-27 07:12:26 UTC Re: EMC Video drivers - help please Jon Elson 2001-12-27 10:04:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC Video drivers - help please awemawson 2001-12-27 10:23:55 UTC Re: EMC Video drivers - help please Ian Wright 2001-12-27 11:28:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: EMC Video drivers - help please Paul 2001-12-27 12:46:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC Video drivers - help please