CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Paneling output was Re: indexing layout for larger capacity

Posted by imserv1
on 2002-02-18 07:28:57 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "ballendo" <ballendo@y...> wrote:
> Dale,

> Use your CAD program to "clip" the drawing into panels, and then
CAM
> the toolpath for each panel individually.

In Vector, draw an "origin" at each reposition (ie every 4 feet or
so) and make sure to generate your CNC code from that origin.

I like to have two pins in my table or one pin and a rail. The pins
fit a machined hole, which is part of each moves machining toolpath.
When you move the sheet, drop the hole over the pin and you have
repositioned to a known loaction. Some people machine a notch in the
edge of the panel and have a stop on the end of the table that fits
it at each repositioning.

The requirement for the CNC router, or any kind of table based
machine, is that the ends be clear so the long sheet can be "fed"
through and repositioned at each move increment. Also this is not
usually a practical function on machines that use the table movement
for the X axis.

Best Regards, Fred Smith IMService

Listserve Special discounts and offers are at:
http://www.vectorcam.com/cced2.html

Discussion Thread

aspaguy 2002-02-17 17:50:39 UTC indexing layout for larger capacity Chris L 2002-02-17 17:59:56 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] indexing layout for larger capacity aspaguy 2002-02-17 18:13:02 UTC Re: indexing layout for larger capacity Bob Campbell 2002-02-17 18:15:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] indexing layout for larger capacity Chris L 2002-02-17 20:39:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] indexing layout for larger capacity Raymond Heckert 2002-02-17 21:46:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] indexing layout for larger capacity ballendo 2002-02-18 02:01:23 UTC Paneling output was Re: indexing layout for larger capacity imserv1 2002-02-18 07:28:57 UTC Paneling output was Re: indexing layout for larger capacity