CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC Part Setup

Posted by Sven Peter
on 2002-03-07 12:31:21 UTC
Hello Rob,
make it complicated but well done.
It reminds me to a project I had in my mind until last year (when
Siemens gave me a quote for 32K$ only CNC control and servos / for a
machine I quoted total budget 30K$)
My idea was a portable bedway grinding machine you bolt tight around a
machine to work over. Indicate position, geometry and orientation in the
xyz room on the not worn spots. And forget about the indicating
procedure.
Bolt or mill some reference points on the machine to rebuild and you
might even take of your bedway grinder and come a few month later to
make the rest.
Good observation.
Sven Peter