CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: free image processing software

Posted by cadcambee
on 2002-07-05 01:42:19 UTC
<jerry.jankura@s...> wrote:
> Any idea where the free version of Borland C++ is available for
download?
> It'd be nice to use a freely available compiler for the C++ rewrite
of
> TurboCNC.

> |It is a freeware with source code available plus program compiled
> |using the free version of Borland's C++version 5.02 - only
condition
> |is for an acknowledgement in any publications where it had been
used.
> |Wished I am a programmer conversant with C++. Only language I know
> |(should be used to know :-( ) is Fortran.

I am not a native pommie, so I don't read too good. May have
misunderstood about Borland C++ Ver 5.02 being free, although I do
vaguely remember from a visit to their website about that (C++ free)
being one of its advantage. I reproduce below the OVERVIEW form Image
Tool help file:

UTHSCSA ImageTool is a free image processing and analysis program for
Microsoft Windows 95™ or Windows NT™. ImageTool can acquire,
display, edit, analyze, process, compress, save and print 8 and 16
gray scale and up to 24 bit color images. ImageTool can read and
write over 22 common file formats including BMP, PCX, TIF, and JPEG,
and also provides a generic import function that makes it possible to
view image data from many unsupported file formats. Image analysis
functions include dimensional (distance, angle, perimeter, area) and
gray scale measurements (point, line and area histogram with
statistics). ImageTool supports standard image processing functions
such as contrast manipulation, sharpening, smoothing, edge detection,
median filtering and spatial convolutions with user-defined
convolution masks. ImageTool also has a powerful scripting language
to facilitate the development of additional processing and analysis
tools.

ImageTool was designed with an open architecture that provides
extensibility via a variety of plug-ins. Support for image
acquisition using either Adobe Photoshop plug-ins or TWAIN scanners
is likewise built-in. Custom analysis and processing plug-ins can be
developed using the software development kit (SDK) provided (with
source code). This approach makes it possible to solve almost any
data acquisition or analysis problem with ImageTool.
A powerful built-in scripting language makes it even easier to
enhance ImageTool. The scripting language is more than just an
automation tool: with looping and conditional statements, variables,
procedures and over 200 commands, the scripting language is a
programming language that has all the power of ImageTool built-in.
The scripting language is described in more detail in the Script
Language manual.

ImageTool was written using Borland's C++ version 5.02, and the
source code for the executable is available free of charge.
ImageTool was developed in the Department of Dental Diagnostic
Science at The University of Texas Health Science Center, San
Antonio, Texas. The program was developed by Dr. C. Donald Wilcox,
DSc, Dr. S. Brent Dove, DDS, Dr. W. Doss McDavid, PhD and David B.
Greer.

Probably failed this English test this time.

Discussion Thread

cadcambee 2002-06-20 02:08:37 UTC free image processing software ballendo 2002-06-20 03:58:59 UTC Re: free image processing software cadcambee 2002-06-20 06:09:46 UTC Re: free image processing software turbulatordude 2002-06-20 06:41:42 UTC Re: free image processing software cadcambee 2002-07-03 23:55:11 UTC Re: free image processing software Jon Elson 2002-07-04 10:54:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: free image processing software cadcambee 2002-07-04 14:39:06 UTC Re: free image processing software scott wilson 2002-07-04 19:12:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: free image processing software Carol & Jerry Jankura 2002-07-04 19:13:06 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: free image processing software cadcambee 2002-07-05 01:42:19 UTC Re: free image processing software