CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

stepping in NJ ( was Re: stepless in New Jersey

on 2002-08-09 19:47:11 UTC
Thanks,

I had worried that somehow or another, I let one hair of a wire tough
a naughty bit, but once I saw the steps from touching the terminal, I
knew it was the 'puter.

I ran a dos utility, ( no printer) to test the port. it is $0378 in
TurboCNC parlance. but I couln't get it to work.

Then I went into DOS to edit the INI file, and voila ! the file was
locked. took off the read only attribute and changed the port to 378
in there and presto ! I'm steping out in New Jersey now !

I had the direction wire disconnect, and attempted to connect that
while the puppy was hot, it's only 5 volts, that can't hurt you !
YIKES ! it IS the amps after all ! that baby shocked me and make me
wake up. all power off until the cap drained and the voltage was
less than 5 volts on the meter.

Thanks for the help.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "caudlet" <tom@t...> wrote:
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "turbulatordude" <davemucha@j...>
wrote:
> > I think you might be on to something there. I tried to access
the
> > CMOS but Compac has some odd way to get there. not the typical
> > delete key on boot.
> >
> > Dave
> >

> Dave: Most PC's in the free world have their parallel port
addressed
> at h378 (hex 378). This is the PC standard for LPT1. In older
boxes
> the PC uses interrupt 7 for this port. I don't remeber on the
compaq
> but most machines go through a POST (power on self test) and report
> things like parallel and serial ports. Hit the Pause/Break key if
> the display goes by too fast. If you can hook it to a printer and
get
> it to print then the port is okay. You can print from DOS to the
> port by doing a COPY [filename] TO LPT1 where filename is a text
file
> (small).Setup TurboCNC for that port and you should be configured
> correctly.

Discussion Thread

turbulatordude 2002-08-09 10:24:35 UTC stepless in New Jersey Dan Statman 2002-08-09 10:39:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] stepless in New Jersey turbulatordude 2002-08-09 10:57:51 UTC Re: stepless in New Jersey turbulatordude 2002-08-09 10:59:20 UTC Re: stepless in New Jersey William Scalione 2002-08-09 11:32:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: stepless in New Jersey caudlet 2002-08-09 16:47:01 UTC Re: stepless in New Jersey caudlet 2002-08-09 16:58:10 UTC Re: stepless in New Jersey turbulatordude 2002-08-09 19:47:11 UTC stepping in NJ ( was Re: stepless in New Jersey JJ 2002-08-11 11:37:50 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] stepless in New Jersey