CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] stepless in New Jersey

Posted by JJ
on 2002-08-11 11:37:50 UTC
Is there a ground wire between the Gecko and the parallel port cable
(pin 18-25) ?

When you say step on port 2 and dir on port 3, I assume you mean pin 2
and 3? If you do mean port, I believe TCNC requires each motor to be
driven by a single port, ie. Step and dir on lpt1, phase a-d on lpt2,
etc.

A good way to troubleshoot is by setting the step increment (main -
setup - axis setup) to .001 in/step. Then you can go to the manual
machining/jog menu and "jog" by 0.001. This will let you watch the bits
toggle, one at a time (for phase), or one pulse at a time (for
step/dir). You can also set the pulse width really high to give you a
better chance of catching it.

There is also the FKEYBIT program included with TCNC so you can toggle
bits at your leisure. Don't forget to include your port on the command
line, it defaults to 0x278 (lpt2), which seems odd to me. Eg. C:\cnc>
fkeybit lpt1

Regards,
JJ

Be Kind, Be Careful, Be Yourself