CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Grizzley

Posted by Fred Smith
on 2000-01-28 09:30:30 UTC
I've been lurking & listening ;-) For those in the group, we have a Bobcad 16.1 demo on our web site. This demo is NOT an expiring demo, rather a crippled one. You cannot save files, but you can import DXF & generate limited toolpaths, including pockets and cutter radius offsets. The demo is free, and allows generation of up to 1000 lines of G-code. http://www.imsrv.com

Also both Turbocad(2D) and Intellicad (an Autocad Clone, and a GOOD one) are available for down load from the internet for Free:

http://turbocad.com
http://www.cadopia.com/

Both these links should be on the FAQ page as general interest for CAD only.

Also most of the hobbyist/benchtop class of CNC machines come with some kind of DXF to G-code, or direct from DXF capabilities (no additional charge). MicroKinetics, Flashcut, etc.

Best Regards,

Fred Smith
IMService

imserv@...
Phone: 248-486-3600 or 800-386-1670
Fax:248-486-3698
----- Original Message -----
From: beer@...
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2000 11:34 AM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Grizzley

From: beer@...

On 28 Jan, CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@onelist.com wrote:
> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 23:49:02 -0600
> From: hansw <hansw@...>
> Subject: Re: Grizzly
>
> Can't say much about Bob'Cad... I just used Acad and convert using "Ace"
> it works fine for me...

Hans;

I'm just started with CNC machining. The little bit of GCode I've run,
I've written by hand.

I'm now investigating software to make this all easier. BOBCad is
pretty cool ( a friend showed me some neat tricks ), but just a little
pricey for a guy playing at home.

It was my plan to do as you do, use AutoCAD ( which I already own and
kinda know how to use ) and some DXF to GCode conversion program.
However, I do have a few questions.

beer@s... 2000-01-28 08:34:45 UTC Re: Grizzley Fred Smith 2000-01-28 09:30:30 UTC Re: Re: Grizzley hansw 2000-01-28 11:34:14 UTC Re: Re: Grizzley PTENGIN@a... 2000-01-28 14:52:11 UTC Re: Re: Grizzley