CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Frustrated with DXF files

Posted by Jeff
on 2002-09-26 05:27:07 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., marble here <marble_h@y...> wrote:
> Jeff Have you downloaded all the updates from Corel,s web site I
use
> corel draw 9 and I import a picture in there and export it as DXF
and it
> works for me.
>

> John Brauweiler

John

Yeah actually corel 9 worked fine at exporting a picture as dxf for
me also. but it didn't export text correctly even when I converted it
to curves. I upgraded to corel 11 I heard they worked on the export
filters and thought oh I bet they have that bug fixed.. Now it
exports text corectly but everything else is exported with gaps or
broken lines. actually even the text has broken lines but you have to
magnify it in order to see it. Makes it impossible to Pocket mill. I
will call tech support at some point to see what they say. I've
posted on the correl news group with others but they dont' seam to
answer the actaul problem. Thing that gets me is I tried corel 10 and
I didn't notice it being a problem with the updates.

Jeff

> --- JJ <jj5412@e...> wrote:
> > If you haven't already, try posting a message on the TurboCAD
user's
> > forum at their website.
> >
> > Regards,
> > JJ
> >
> > Be Kind, Be Careful, Be Yourself

TurboCad,
> > > or Vcarvz
> > >
> > > Any Ideas?
> > >
> > > Jeff Tice
> > >

> > > Addresses:
> > > FAQ: http://www.ktmarketing.com/faq.html
> > >
> > > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> > > aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com
> > > to reach it if you have trouble.
> > > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

as a
> > sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there,
> > for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
> >
> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING THEM.