CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Brushless servo motor + gecko drive

skykotechnologies wrote:

> I used 192 oz-inch pacsci powermax II stepper motors on my sherline
> cnc mill. I have seen the sherlines operated with as little as a 60
> oz-in motor, but IMO that would be underpowered. I have never dealt
> with brushless motors,

OH - those are BRUSHLESS? Then, they almost certainly will NOT work
with the Gecko Servo drives. There were some special brushless motors
made to be installed as drop-in retrofits for brush motors, but other than those,
you can't run brushless motors on a brush servo drive without a commutation
box in between. Mariss is working on such a project, but I don't think it is
"front burner".

builder4wd 2002-10-08 06:25:31 UTC Brushless servo motor + gecko drive skykotechnologies 2002-10-08 08:28:32 UTC Re: Brushless servo motor + gecko drive Tim Goldstein 2002-10-08 09:20:49 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Brushless servo motor + gecko drive Jon Elson 2002-10-08 11:13:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Brushless servo motor + gecko drive