CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Camtronics/Gecko troubleshooting

on 2003-01-26 11:23:18 UTC
Monte,

What you are saying is correct, without the Arm pins connected there
is no power to the motors and with the encoder connected as you
describe the Fault LED should turn on if you manually turn the shaft.

As you are limited to a Multi meter, there aren't a lot of tests you
can make. One thing you can do is check power is actually arriving
at the encoder, I presume you are using the 600oz" motors from Dan.
The two loops at the end of the encoder connector are gnd and +5.
Make sure that you have power there. If so, you might find a Tandy
open, so buy a 470 ohm resistor and LED and check for pulses on the
Phase A & B pins while you spin the motor.

Hope this helps.

Bernard

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Monte Westlund

Discussion Thread

Monte Westlund <montejw@e... 2003-01-26 10:08:34 UTC Camtronics/Gecko troubleshooting Bernard R <bwjarandall@c... 2003-01-26 11:23:18 UTC Re: Camtronics/Gecko troubleshooting Monte Westlund <montejw@e... 2003-01-26 11:43:13 UTC Re: Camtronics/Gecko troubleshooting Bernard R <bwjarandall@c... 2003-01-26 13:22:13 UTC Re: Camtronics/Gecko troubleshooting Tim Goldstein 2003-01-26 13:22:37 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Camtronics/Gecko troubleshooting Monte Westlund <montejw@e... 2003-01-26 14:00:58 UTC Re: Camtronics/Gecko troubleshooting Jon Elson 2003-01-26 17:53:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Camtronics/Gecko troubleshooting Monte 2003-01-26 17:58:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Camtronics/Gecko troubleshooting