CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: SPC cables

Posted by Chris Baugher
on 2003-04-02 14:07:15 UTC
On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Alan Rothenbush wrote:

> > Have you tried powering the scales externally? That should work if you
> > take out the battery. I believe power is on the two outer pins.
>
> Here's the question
>
> Are you SURE that Pin 4 is a power pin ?

I'm not absolutely positive, but almost. Take the bettery out and see if
there is continuity between pins 1 and 4 and the battery terminals. I
seem to remember either doing that or actually following the traces on the
board in the scale. Since you may have a different scale you should try
yours and see if it works.

> I've read elsewhere that Pin4, when shorted to pin 3, acts to switch
> modes.

Yeah, if you read that from the file in the files section, it was I who
discovered that. I remember that it's kinda strange, to change modes you
short together the power and clock signals. All of this should be in that
file I mentioned. I think it was under Caliper_Info\Imported_Caliper_Info
or something like that.

> And there doesn't appear to be a direct connection between pin4 and
> the battery + terminal ...

Oh. Hmm. Maybe yours is different.

Can you go to:

http://bluegreenlabs.com/Gas-Spring-Lift.html

and see if yours looks anything like the one in the pictures?

Discussion Thread

Alan Rothenbush 2003-03-31 13:10:51 UTC Re: SPC cables Lee Studley 2003-03-31 13:31:05 UTC Re: SPC cables Chris Baugher 2003-03-31 22:01:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: SPC cables Alan Rothenbush 2003-04-02 12:49:09 UTC Re: Re: SPC cables Chris Baugher 2003-04-02 14:07:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: SPC cables