CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: SPC cables

on 2003-04-02 12:49:09 UTC

> I too would like to know a cheap source of these cables.
> >
> > So, if anyone does have a line on the raw connectors, do speak up.
> > Alan

> Message: 8
> Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 00:09:53 -0000
> From: "markpowerplus" <mabw@...>
> Subject: Re: Stepper mount for Vertex H/V 6" rotory table ?
>
> Andrew,
> Yes I have done just this on my 4 axis mill , I have some photos
> posted in the photo section , folder called Centec. I ended up
> using a 600 0z/in. stepper , bit of overkill perhaps but it was
> spare . Did have a 85 oz/in but too small! Have a look at the
> photos , if you need better shots let me know
> cheers
> Mark --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Mawson"
> <andrew@m...> wrote:
> > Has anyone mounted a stepper to drive an import Vertex type 6"
> > horizontal / vertical rotary table, and if so how did you do it?
> >
> > Just trying to borrow ideas here as I'm about to do this and don't
> > want to re-invent the wheel! I'd also be interested to hear
> comments
> > regarding the size of stepper.
> >
> > Andrew Mawson
> > Bromley, Kent, UK

> Message: 9
> Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:50:40 -0800 (PST)
> From: Norman Larson <norman_larson@...>
> Subject: MACHINE TOOL RECONDITIONING Book
>
> Received three of the five packages of books today
> from the publisher. I sent the books out today to
> everyone who had called me with a credit card number
> or had sent me a check (a few payments may be in
> transit). The books were insured for $50 each and
> sent by Priority Mail so everyone who has paid for one
> and lives in the U.S. should get it before the end of
> the week.
>
> I only mailed 22 out of the 50 copies I ordered so
> I'm actively soliciting sales of this fine book. The
> price is $61 including delivery in the U.S. To most
> foreign countries the price is $67 for delivery by
> airmail.
>
> You can call 805 735 2095 with a credit card (Visa or
> Mastercard). Charge card orders are $2.15 extra. Or
> send a check to:
>
> Norm Larson
> 5426 E. HWY 246
> Lompoc, CA 93436

> http://platinum.yahoo.com
>

> Message: 16
> Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 00:01:55 -0600 (CST)
> From: Chris Baugher <cbaugher_yahoo@...>
> Subject: Re: Re: SPC cables
>
> Have you tried powering the scales externally? That should work if you
> take out the battery. I believe power is on the two outer pins.

Good idea.

Last night, I did remove and install the battery, and the scale
powered up when the battery was inserted.

So, I could just mount an AA cell or two and a switch and have power
for the next hundred years or so.

The nicer solution would be to feed power from the "main" readout
down the wire to pin 4. ( It's currently unconnected inside the
main readout )

Here's the question

Are you SURE that Pin 4 is a power pin ?

I've read elsewhere that Pin4, when shorted to pin 3, acts to switch
modes.

And there doesn't appear to be a direct connection between pin4 and
the battery + terminal ...

Alan

--

Alan Rothenbush | The Spartans do not ask the number of the
Academic Computing Services | enemy, only where they are.

Discussion Thread

Alan Rothenbush 2003-03-31 13:10:51 UTC Re: SPC cables Lee Studley 2003-03-31 13:31:05 UTC Re: SPC cables Chris Baugher 2003-03-31 22:01:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: SPC cables Alan Rothenbush 2003-04-02 12:49:09 UTC Re: Re: SPC cables Chris Baugher 2003-04-02 14:07:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: SPC cables