CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: laplink cable

on 2003-04-12 05:57:58 UTC
I should have mentioned that the pin 25 is a common ground and the
shield is not a common ground, but may be a completely seperate
chassis ground connecion. These 2 should never be connected.

and if you want to know more,
http://www.indiacam.net/pinout

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "turbulatordude"
<davemucha@j...> wrote:
> The shell and pin 25 is the common ground. standard. if you want
> standard, follow what the parallel cable has already laid out.
>
> quite a few places offer a db25 connector on a pcboard that has 25
> screw terminals.
>
> and althought you get 25 screw terminals, getting a 25 conductor
> cable is not as easy. seems lots of manufacturers figure that you
> are using it as a printer cable and make all the grounds common and
> from my cables, seems some use one ground line and others use one
> wire to each pin, then jumper the pins.
>
> Dave
>

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "pcfw" <pcfw@y...> wrote:
> > Hi Jim,
> >
> > Thanks for the info. I am, unfortunately, fickle, meaning I want
> > try all kinds of software and driver combination. Unfortunately,
no
> > single party had been able to enforce some kind of standard w.r.t
> > pinout, connector, etc, so software and drivers come with all
> > combinations. CCED should come up with one! I am thinking of
> cobbling
> > together a cable with a box in between with provision to
quickling
> > change connections to reconfigure the pinout without having to
open
> > the driver box.
> >
> > I purchased a very compact "DB25 ?"(can't remember what this
> adaptor
> > was called - a little bigger than a gender changer) where one can
> use
> > little wire to plug into holes to reroute the singals from the
pins
> > to desired ones, but it came with pin 25 permananetly connected
> > pin 25 output, and I returned it.
> >
> > Peter
> >
> > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "James Wilsom"
> > <jwilson002@a...> wrote:
> > > I cut an old Laplink cable. I new it would come in handy for
> > something
> > > someday. This is one of the kind with a 25 pin connector at
each
> > end not
> > > the 9 and 25 pin combination at each end. There are 15
> conductors
> > in mine
> > > so obviuosly 10 of the pins are either dead or share a wire.
> Hope
> > this
> > > helps. What are you trying to do? If you are trying to go
from
> > your
> > > parallel port to a controller go to Radio Shack and get some 25
> > conductor
> > > ribbon cable and some connectors and "roll your own".
> > >
> > > JIm

Discussion Thread

pcfw 2003-04-11 21:27:05 UTC laplink cable James Wilsom 2003-04-11 22:06:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] laplink cable pcfw 2003-04-11 22:42:44 UTC Re: laplink cable Andrew Mawson 2003-04-12 00:10:17 UTC Re: laplink cable Alan Marconett KM6VV 2003-04-12 00:46:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] laplink cable turbulatordude 2003-04-12 05:20:17 UTC Re: laplink cable pcfw 2003-04-12 05:46:41 UTC Re: laplink cable (jumper box) turbulatordude 2003-04-12 05:57:58 UTC Re: laplink cable Harvey White 2003-04-12 09:58:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] laplink cable Harvey White 2003-04-12 15:23:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: laplink cable (jumper box)