CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Loading EMC BDI

wanliker@... wrote:

>I have a computer that I want to load EMC BDI, Ver. 2.19.
>
>The computer has DOS 6.22 installed, two floppy's, and a CD installed.
>
>How do I get the computer to see the CD, so that BDI will install, or do I
>need to install windows?
>Change the Path?
>Where exactly should the CD be plugged into on the Mother board?
>The CD is plugged into IDEC2.
>The HD is plugged into IDEC1, does this sound right?
>Path noting related the CD.
>It has been years since I used DOS, so any help will be appreciated.

First, you need to find out how to get into the BIOS setup screens. this is
different on different models. Some say "hit DEL for setup" or some
similar line during the memory tests. Some don't give a clue on what
to do. (I've seen the esc key, F2, insert key, and other schemes for this,
as well as some computers where you had to fan whatever key 100 times
as fast as you could to happen to hit it during the couple milliseconds
that it checked for that event.) Once in the BIOS setup screen, go
through the pages and find out where to set the boot sequence. If it has
a selection for IDE CDROM, make that one of the boot choices. If you
can only find hard disk and floppy, then that BIOS is too old and does not
support booting from the CD. If you have the boot from CD enabled,
(and set to check the CD BEFORE the hard drive) and it still won't boot
the CD, there are several possibilities. If it is an old CDROM drive,
say earlier than 1995 or so, it probably cannot boot from, or read at
all from, some CD formats, and some CD types, like CD-R and CD-RW.
There is a method to manufacture a boot floppy from the CD using a
DOS or Windows computer. You then boot from the floppy, and the
programs loaded from the floppy has a driver that knows how to operate
the CD.

Hard drive on IDE 1 and CD on IDE 2 is a normal setup. make sure the
cables are plugged in right, and are good cables.

wanliker@a... 2003-05-23 17:37:40 UTC Loading EMC BDI Matt Shaver 2003-05-23 18:41:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Loading EMC BDI William Scalione 2003-05-23 19:03:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Loading EMC BDI Jon Elson 2003-05-23 20:57:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Loading EMC BDI Johnny Braun 2003-05-23 22:37:44 UTC Re: Loading EMC BDI wanliker@a... 2003-05-26 14:51:09 UTC Loading EMC BDI Vince Negrete 2003-05-26 18:54:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Loading EMC BDI Jon Elson 2003-05-26 21:26:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Loading EMC BDI