CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Loading EMC BDI

on 2003-05-23 19:03:12 UTC
Bill,

What are the specs on the computer? I ask because older computers and or
cdrom drives may not boot directly from the CD-Rom drive.

First thing to try is go into the computer setup menu and look for a boot
order option. If possible, change it to use the CD-Rom as the first boot
device. If that option is available and you get it changed, pop the CD into
the drive and boot the computer. If everything works ok, it should boot
right from the CD and you will be on your way. Depending on the age of the
computer and CD-Rom drive this may or may not work.

If that doesn't work, don't fret as there is a work around. Put the CD into
one of your windows computers, click on "start", "programs", then click on
"MS-Dos prompt". A Dos window should pop up. Type "D:" <enter> (or whatever
drive your cdrom is" Type "cd \dosutils" <enter> then type "rawrite" <enter>
it will ask for a disk image name and you should answer with
"D:\images\boot.img" <enter> when it asks for a target diskette drive type
"A:" <enter> (you should have a blank diskette in your a drive before doing
this)

While the image is being written go back to your EMC computer and change the
boot order option to boot from the A drive first (same as you did with the
CD Drive earlier) Save your settings, put the CD and floppy in the EMC
computer and reboot. you should now be ok. It will boot off the floppy, load
the CD-Rom drivers, and start the install.

All of your DOS stuff will be wiped from the drive and reformatted with
Linux and EMC so if you need anything saved do it first.

Bill