CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Loading EMC BDI

Posted by Vince Negrete
on 2003-05-26 18:54:20 UTC
Hi Bill,

I think its CTRL-ALT-F1 to get a Console login prompt, and then after
logging in as Root do a "cd .." and then type "Xconfigurator".
Ray also told me that "setup" brings up a whole configuration screen.
Pretty neato. Big Thanks for the help Ray!!!

Another tip that worked good for me is to backup your config file before
you start. ie: /etc/X11/XF86Config-4

I had some problems with Xconfigurator early-on. If it cant probe and tell
what type of video card you have it has problems so best bet is to know
every technical detail about your card before you start.

Two weeks and I still had problems trying to setup my VIA EPIA-M board
(onboard video) (tiny and Cheap 900Mhz solution) but Linux drivers
supplied wont work with the RTAI Kernel. So I blew the dust off my ancient
Trident 64 512k PCI video card and that worked great but only gets 600x800
res.
(good for temporary use...)

I wrote www.viamainboard.com to ask if they would release Linux driver
source code so I could compile using RTAI Kernel but I doubt they will
release... Anyone have any idea on what route to take?

Cyberblade and other drivers/setttings dont work with this EPIA-M
motherboard. I've tried dozens of different drivers in BDI-RTAI and none
seem to work. Anyone get lucky?

Vince

> In a message dated 5/23/2003 7:42:27 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
> mshaver@... writes:
>
>> 1. What kind of processor is in this PC? You can tell by the messages
>> that appear fist on the screen when you turn it on and it starts to
>> boot up. Also,
>> how much RAM?
>>

> The processor is now a AMD-K-6-2/350, with 65,536K of Ram.
>
> I never did get the origional computer to run, so swapped in another old
> one I had. i went into the bios and it is booting from the CD rom now,
> and installing.
>
> It is now loading, but I selected a random monitor to get it to do so.
> I have now found the H and V frequencies.
>
> I would like to know how to change the monitor values after the BDI
> install is finished?
> Also after it is installed I assume I change the bios back to a C drive
> boot?
>
> Thanks all for the help on this project.
> bill

> timg@... Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@...
> [Moderators] URL to this group:
>
> OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
> if you have trouble. http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

> sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there,
> for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........ bill
> List Mom
> List Owner
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Discussion Thread

wanliker@a... 2003-05-23 17:37:40 UTC Loading EMC BDI Matt Shaver 2003-05-23 18:41:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Loading EMC BDI William Scalione 2003-05-23 19:03:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Loading EMC BDI Jon Elson 2003-05-23 20:57:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Loading EMC BDI Johnny Braun 2003-05-23 22:37:44 UTC Re: Loading EMC BDI wanliker@a... 2003-05-26 14:51:09 UTC Loading EMC BDI Vince Negrete 2003-05-26 18:54:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Loading EMC BDI Jon Elson 2003-05-26 21:26:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Loading EMC BDI