CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: home-brewed CNC saw

on 2003-05-26 11:05:49 UTC
Are you thinking of a circular saw on a fixed axis so the saw moves
across the work and the work on a long table so it feed to length ?

seems like 2 axis is simple and all you need is to control the feed
of the saw into the part.

I have a chop saw I am doing something similar with. But I am
setting the feed as a chop and moving the part for lenght.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "forumtvm" <forumtvm@y...>
wrote:
> "Tim Goldstein" <timg@k...> wrote:
>
> > The first question I have is what are you wanting to saw? Big
> difference
> > between what I would design if I wanted to automate cutting of
steel
> > bars into lengths from wanting to cut balsa blocks into sheets.
>
> Mainly softer material, wood a bit harder than balsa.
>
> > I have pretty well worked out the design and have purchased the
> parts to
> > make a CNC balsa saw. It will be intended to cut 1/32" - 1/4"
sheets
> > from a 24" balsa block. It will be strictly a 2 axis machine and
> will
> > use a fixed circular blade with the block being moved past it. I
> can go
> > into more detail if this is similar to what you think you need.
>
> Will appreciate it very much. Thanks.
>
> Randy wrote: "How big do you want the saw to be and do you want to
> modify an existing table saw? Or do you want a horizontal beam saw
> design?"
>
> Table top, mainly for learning purposes.
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter

Discussion Thread

forumtvm 2003-05-24 20:34:41 UTC home-brewed CNC saw Tim Goldstein 2003-05-24 21:00:54 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] home-brewed CNC saw cnc002@a... 2003-05-25 14:12:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] home-brewed CNC saw forumtvm 2003-05-26 09:28:03 UTC Re: home-brewed CNC saw turbulatordude 2003-05-26 11:05:49 UTC Re: home-brewed CNC saw